Whats a good place to get a tool set containing...

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Needlenose pliers
Wire cutter
Wire stripper
Normal Pliers

Should be all in one set and of decent quality.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Go to your local Sears.

Buy the following:

Needlenose pliers
wire cutter (side-cutter, Dykes)
Wire stripper
normal pliers.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I dont know of any plier sets that include a stripper too....but any plier set from Sears (on sale is good) is usually a lifetime purchase.

For a stripper you need to figure out what style.

Å

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
I would poke around Sears.com and look at the general purpose sets and see if you can find something that suits your needs. Otherwise, Parts express.com or Home Depot.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: jmcoreymv
Needlenose pliers
Wire cutter
Wire stripper
Normal Pliers

Should be all in one set and of decent quality.

My guess is that you want a set specifically designed for electronics, in which case you may find a set like that at radio shack, but it'd probably be crap quality.

Try finding an electronics parts store near you and you could probably find a decent set there. I know Microcenter has some on sale when I was there the other day, if you have one near you...

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
sears #45235 is $29.99 comes with 7" diagonal cutters, 8" needlenose, 6 3/4" normal pliers and 9 1/2" channel locks...retail value is over $50...so even if you don't need the channel locks it's a good buy.

for $59.99 you can go with 45408 which is a $88 value and adds a 8" linesman plier, and 8" duckbill plier to the above.

A wire stripper will run you about $10 to $17....a stripper/crimper combo may get you a better value.

Keep in mind in sets many sell the pieces they don't need/want on ebay and save even more overall. Craftsman sells big on ebay.

Å