Whats a good place to buy a 2500+ these days?

SniperWulf

Golden Member
Dec 11, 1999
You know, thats not locked like the ones newegg are rumored to be shipping and has good steppings... Anyone know of a shop that guarantee's steppings these days? I have a 2500+ retail that I bought the same day they hit the $100 + shipping mark, so its at least 7 to 8 months old. It does OK, but I have to up the vcore to 1.7 -1.75v and since I have a raid array in my Shuttle box, I'd like to try to keep as little xtra heat in it as possible.

hytek369

Lifer
Mar 20, 2002
try the forums, i have yet to find a place that has unlocked 2500+ bartons. even my local cpu shops have locked 2500+ bartons for $140 a piece. what a load of crap. funny thing is that i live in a relatively small town.

bdjohnson

Oct 29, 2003
SVC is the only place i have heard of that ever guarantees a certain week. I got mine from newegg ($84, free shipping) and it's locked. Great price though, and bumping up the FSB is still pretty good for oc'ing.

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: bdjohnson
Great price though, and bumping up the FSB is still pretty good for oc'ing.
Bumping the fsb is always better for OCing. Raising your multiplier only is what people did in the past when they couldn't afford faster ram, or their motherboard didn't support higher fsb's. If you and I run the same processor at the same frequency, but I have a 50mhz fsb advantage (higher fsb, lower multiplier), you won't be as fast as I am in any application, period. Why do you think we all strive for the highest fsb we can get?