whats a good credit card to apply for?

shinzwei

Banned
Jul 5, 2004
im a student at a community college.....and im in need of a credit card...which would be best for me?

i was thinking the chase freedom credit card, what are your opinions?

i just got a checking accoiunt at wachovia about 1 month ago, and i just applied for an EXPRESS Credit Card at the mall and got accepted for 150.00 which is ok....lol

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Are you looking for anything specific? Amex and Citi have a few good CCs for college students, which would be good for you, since it sounds like you have no credit.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: shinzwei
i was thinking about the Chase Freedom Card whatcha think?

It looks like a good card, but again, it sounds like you have no credit, so you might not get it.

Britboy

Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: chambersc
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer
Nobody "needs" a credit card.

Do explain.

Yes please do! I would recommend Chase Rewards card or Amex Blue Rewards. I think your credit rating (or apparent lack of credit) may impact you here. Build lots of credit as soon as you can.

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
it's hard to get a credit card with no credit so your best luck will probbly be from the cards that are advertized around campus. You cna also search for credit cards for college students, just don't apply for too many cards at once as this can have a negative effect on your credit.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Credit cards easily lead to bad credit and are not neccesary for living in the USA or any other country. Good credit can be earned without the use of credit cards. Don't get caught in the trap.