Whats a good and cheap way to watch TV on my PC?

DarkManX

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I wanna get some kind of tv tuner card. I have a Vodoo3 2000 so It might be time to upgrade that to. what would be fairly cheap and good?

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
ATI TV Wonder VE is around $40. Only thing is that it only supports mono sound. Same with the Hauppauge WinTV Go's.

I have the ATI TV Wonder myself. Works really well and i'm running WinXP.

dolphin512

Oct 12, 2001
I have the wintv-go...it is not exactly a high end card it but it does the job for me...and its only about $50 so you can't really go wrong.

TimeKeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
This might not answer your question, but I found the TV card creat lots heat in my system.
It can also be really really unstable depending on the manufacture and driver.
Might want to consider a cute 13" Color TV that cost less than $60 :)

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
I just bought a AIW 7500 and it is nice for tv viewing and capturing stuff. I had a wintv go and while the tv thing worked ok in 98/me in xp it was just horriable, also the video capturing was atroucious (sp). I think Hauppage needs to make better drivers for nt based syatems. I really like the All In Wonder. If I had enough money I would have gotten the 8500 version, but really this one does all I need to do. The beta drivers have worked better for me than the others.

Good luck with it.

Will

jh0sken612

Feb 7, 2002
I've used my 3dfx tuner card for about a year now... in 98SE And 2kPro, and Its worked flawlessly. I am really happy with it.

Eliminate the need for a TV in a dorm room, and you can get a bigger monitor :)