whats a decent heatsink AND fan

xxsk8er101xx

Aug 13, 2000
Hi,

I need a new cpu fan. the one in my computer is making a loud grinding sound. I already sprayed the crap out of it with a compressed air can. So obviously the fan is about to go.

I'm looking for something that will fit the GA-7dxr board. I'm also looking for something that doesn't have any high pitched annoying sounds.

So far looked at the thermalright sk6 (i think it is)
the thermaltake volcano 7
i like global win heatsink&fans' too

and thats pretty mmuch it. I'd like to get the volcano 7+ as that has a hardware switch to control the speed of the fan but can't find it.

I have the GlobalWin FOP32 i think ... i forget
Thanks!

CStroman

Golden Member
Sep 18, 2001
SK6 is a good heatsink. Use a different 60mm fan for less noise, or put an 80mm fan on it.

lordbob99

Jun 11, 2001
hey xxsk8er101xx,

i'm currently running on the ga-7dx, and was getting kind of annoyed at my current cpu fan because it's too loud. i haven't tried it out yet, but i ordered the svc gc68 yesterday. it uses an 80 mm fan, so it should be quieter, and other ppl have reported that it gives decent cooling for those that don't plan on overclocking.

i ordered mine from case-mod.com without a fan for $12.99. you can also get it from http://svcompucycle.com for $12.98 with a fan. i chose case-mod because i have an extra panaflow sitting around, and it comes with free arctic alumina.

hope this helps.

lordbob99