Whatever your new toy is, mines cooler

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
I didn't even have to click on this thread to know it would be a gun.. I don't know what gave it away, maybe because I know the OP is in the military, or something about his thread title that screamed look at my new toy that is better than everyone elses because it's a gun...

edit: but after actually looking at the toy that is pretty damn cool... if it were something else I probably would have let it stand ;)

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas
This was the cool toy I got to play with when I was in the Navy.

The Viking or the catapult? My dad served aboard the Intrepid in the '60s and he sat in Intruders. I thought the 4 seaters were wild.

To TallBill: When do you all get targeting visors that do threat recognition like RoboCop?
:D

glenn beck

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
That would be badass to have one sitting in my driveway, wouldn't have to worry about anybody

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001

Originally posted by: Raduque
Too bad you still have to load and cock it manually. :(

Actually, you dont have to charge it manually at all. And the top can holds 500 rounds. Its far more accurate then a regular 50 cal, so the rounds will last extra long. It'll put a 5 round burst through a window at 1100 meters easily.

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
I dont get what it is with males and guns, then again, you guys probably dont get us and shoes:laugh: I will soon get the chance of handling weapons and training, maybe then I will understand...*shrugs*

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: TallBill

Originally posted by: Raduque
Too bad you still have to load and cock it manually. :(

It'll put a 5 round burst through a window at 1100 meters easily.

Mounted on a truck?? How big of window you talking about here, Crystal Cathedral?

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Pretty cool but our toys are cooler :p Let me know when you build a humvee around a gun kinda like when we built a plane around a gun, I give you the A-10 featuring the 30mm GAU-8 Avenger :D Stay safe over there, I'll be heading that way come January.

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
How do you get the perception of depth.. I mean its one thing to shoot in a video game but how do you know how far the target is?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Devine
Pretty cool but our toys are cooler :p Let me know when you build a humvee around a gun kinda like when we built a plane around a gun, I give you the A-10 featuring the 30mm GAU-8 Avenger :D Stay safe over there, I'll be heading that way come January.

Yes, but are you signed for one? And as far as a field of depth, there's a laser that automatically computes distance and bullet drop.

And yes, its called CROWS, and its in the newest America's Army.

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004

Yes, but are you signed for one? And as far as a field of depth, there's a laser that automatically computes distance and bullet drop.

I was just about to say that, pretty freaking sweet, especially with the grenade launcher.

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003

Why don't they put that laser on regular grunt guns?

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
are you allowed to post these pics?

nice toy. i think i still have some .50 unused ammo lying around here somewhere, mind if i bring em and fire a few shots?

May 16, 2000
Been playing the new AA that added the CROWS, and having a blast with it. Would be sweet to use one for real though. :cool:

:thumbsup:

Geocentricity

Sep 13, 2006
Originally posted by: Turin39789
I'm waiting for my agp aiw 9800 to ship, then we'll see who's cooler!

Mine shipped 3 months ago when ATI still allowed trade-ins fo the AIW 9800. I'm 3 months cooler and counting :p

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: savoyboy
Originally posted by: BillyBatson
are you allowed to post these pics?

nice toy. i think i still have some .50 unused ammo lying around here somewhere, mind if i bring em and fire a few shots?

Remote control gun turret is not really a new technology. They had that on the M1A1, Bradley and Stryker vehicles for a while now.

no i didn't mean just because it is new, but the item at all, and the location of the pics
i am sitting on a bunch of iraq pics i have but was told i could never actually post them online