Whatever your new toy is, mines cooler

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
black hawk down sucked for the guys manning the 50 cals. remote control turret? very cool :)

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: TallBill
I just got back from doing some training on a new weapons system that allows my gunner to control our .50 cal machine gun from the inside of my humvee with a high powered camera and remote control.

The new toy

Another shot

This is about the only thing thats cooler

I'll try to get some more pictures of some cool stuff from Iraq if I can.

Does it have an auto-targeting system? If I was building that I would hook it up to some image processing kit that could pick out the shapes of humans and vehicles, then give the gunner a choice of identified shapes to lock on to, and have the weapon track the shape as it moves. You could also have it recognize the Union Jack so your guys don't shoot so many of our guys by accident...

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
I just got back from doing some training on a new weapons system that allows my gunner to control our .50 cal machine gun from the inside of my humvee with a high powered camera and remote control.

That's pretty god damn sweet. Destroy anything interesting with it?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: jinglingxl
Originally posted by: Turin39789
I'm waiting for my agp aiw 9800 to ship, then we'll see who's cooler!

dude, that's so yesterday

Yeah... video cards were the cool yesterday, guns are the cool today! tomorrow: hamsters!

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Soooo....if I mounted one of those puppies on the Poulan riding lawnmower that I just scored for $450 would that make my new toy as cool as yours? ;)

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
That is possibly the coolest frakin' thing I've seen in a long time. How quickly does the turret spin, and does the gunner have full control over tilting it, too?

Too bad you still have to load and cock it manually. :(

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

The new toy

Another shot

This is about the only thing thats cooler

I'll try to get some more pictures of some cool stuff from Iraq if I can.

point at target on video screen, and bullets hit that spot...

omg.. Halo live!

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
You know it is stupid to own guns, right?

I hope to God this is sarcasam. Otherwise, I offer this reply: You know it's stupid to post without knowing the whole story, right?

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
Hehe, I find it funny taht gamers get a taste of new equipment before the actual soldiers do. America's Army implemented that weapons system (CROWS, I believe?) into their humvees with the last large patch. Pretty neat concept, and I'm sure (after seeing Black Hawk Down) will save many lives by keeping all people within the vehicle at all times.

(not an avid AA player, however I do keep up with updates and what not :p)