Whatever happened to the half a million dollars collected by Occupy Wallstreet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
I never heard any reporting on how that money was utilized? Someone made out like a bandit for sure, but who?

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Hehehe, they had to start paying rent instead of living rough in the public parks.

Funny how the money goes when you have to pay for necessities.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He asked the question and since I am a trusting soul I trusted that he hadn't or he would have kicked off the thread in a more direct manner.

Well, if he's a conservative the masses of data he might run across all become absorbed as bricks for an altered reality and he himself may not know where his facts came from. I just assumed that if something is seems extremely coincidental then perhaps it isn't.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
From the article, lol.

Kohn: People were tired of arguing about money and arguing about budgets.

Plus:

Kohn: We were spending ourselves into a hole.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
He asked the question and since I am a trusting soul I trusted that he hadn't or he would have kicked off the thread in a more direct manner.

Never been to that site. But I am gonna read it and see what the answer is. I have asked this question in the past but no one seems to be able to answer it or they just come back with smart ass responses.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Well that was a short article and no real explanation but the haul was a whopping 800,000! More than I expected. And the blew it all except 80k. And no explanation on where it went.

Now that's what I call a swindle of great proportions. Someone or a small group went out like bandits with that haul of money.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Well that was a short article and no real explanation but the haul was a whopping 800,000! More than I expected. And the blew it all except 80k. And no explanation on where it went.

Now that's what I call a swindle of great proportions. Someone or a small group went out like bandits with that haul of money.
I would think that renting around wall street for a few months would be an expensive thing to do.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
The Occupy movement was, fostered by forces who believed, erroneously, that they could re-create the social forces that were evident in the ’60s for their own political purposes. It is, however, trivial and irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.