Whataburger

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I used to go to the DFW area two or three times per year on client visits. Each time I went they INSISTED on taking me to Whataburger and Freebirds because they are so much better than places we had out West (Chipotle and In n Out, at the time (this was mid aughts or so)). I was never a huge proponent of the "classic" places they used as comparison, they're OK but not great. Every single time they took me to Whataburger and Freebirds I was reminded of what my life was missing, really good burgers and burritos. I just couldn't get them at Chipotle and In n Out and I couldn't get them at Whataburger and Freebirds, either. At least with Chipotle and In n Out I could get mediocre food which is more than my Texan friends could claim with their regional favorites.

Nov 20, 2009
I couldn't disagree with you more. Atlanta has plenty of good food options. Guess it depends on what you're looking for but you don't strike me as a foodie.
I can completely assume it is ignorance on my part. When I make statements like that I tend to seek out knowledge by garnering local feedback, but that seldom happens. When I'm on Imgur and I see someone posting a picture of a platter full of man-style food from whatever f-ing place they got it from I never hear from a local source on finding an equivalent.