What would you guess Saras Palins IQ?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What a worthless thread.

Bush the idiot had an SAT score of 1206

Clinton the genius had an SAT score of 1032

Obviously this proves that Bush was actually smarter than Clinton, right?

The SAT test is not an intelligence test, so why would you draw that conclusion?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What a worthless thread.

That tired old reaction again *sigh*

Given Bush's family connections and history of nepotism, I view pretty much all of his records (the ones that have been released anyway) with a huge amount of skepticism. A legacy admission who in a school famous for grade-padding still never managed to score above a C on anything. Bush's professors remember him as a bored, un-noteworthy student. And then there's all those people who actually spent time around him who can attest to him being dumber than a bag of hammers. What was it Paul O'Neil said about him again? Something to the tune of when in a meeting, it was 'like a deaf person being in a room full of blind people: there was no discernible connection."

Any feedback like that for Clinton? Anyone know?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
That tired old reaction again *sigh*

Given Bush's family connections and history of nepotism, I view pretty much all of his records (the ones that have been released anyway) with a huge amount of skepticism. A legacy admission who in a school famous for grade-padding still never managed to score above a C on anything. Bush's professors remember him as a bored, un-noteworthy student. And then there's all those people who actually spent time around him who can attest to him being dumber than a bag of hammers. What was it Paul O'Neil said about him again? Something to the tune of when in a meeting, it was 'like a deaf person being in a room full of blind people: there was no discernible connection."

Any feedback like that for Clinton? Anyone know?
I think PJ's point was not that GWB is a rocket surgeon, but rather, that we can't use simple and isolated metrics like these to judge someone's intelligence.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The SAT test is not an intelligence test, so why would you draw that conclusion?
And Palin has not taken a IQ test that is public knowledge, and yet everyone in this thread 'knows' what her IQ actually is right??

Oh that's right... we know she is stupid because of a few answers she gave during interviews, gotcha.

Just like we 'know' that Ford was a klutz because we all saw him fall down some steps. (The fact that he was an all-star football player who could have played in the NFL is to be completely ignored of course)

My point is that people are judging her IQ score based on personal bias, her ideas are different than mine therefore she must be stupid, and ignoring everything else. It is similar to people running around claiming that W was an idiot despite the fact that he had a BS from Yale, a MBA from Harvard and was a fighter pilot. (BTW analysis of Bush and Kerry's military records suggest that Bush is actually smarter than Kerry)

Now in an attempt to guess at her IQ here are a few facts:
1. She was an honor student in high school which means she was above average.
2. She is a college graduate which means she is above average, keep in mind that when she graduated, 1987, only 25% of white females were graduating from college. So while her course to a college degree was long and difficult she still completed what 75% of white females were not.
3. It is estimated that the typical governor has an IQ of around 125.

Thus it is a safe guess to say that Palin's IQ is probably in the 120-130 range. Might be a little lower, but it is most certainly above 100 or "average."

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think PJ's point was not that GWB is a rocket surgeon, but rather, that we can't use simple and isolated metrics like these to judge someone's intelligence.

I think you give PJ too much credit, but I understand and agree with what you and others have submitted here. Problem is we have soooo much delivered from Bush himself that indicates, yes, he really is that stupid. Apologists to this day try to pass it off as merely "speaking poorly," but the problem is that answer doesn't address the sheer amount of ignorance the man has graced us all with.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I think you give PJ too much credit, but I understand and agree with what you and others have submitted here. Problem is we have soooo much delivered from Bush himself that indicates, yes, he really is that stupid. Apologists to this day try to pass it off as merely "speaking poorly," but the problem is that answer doesn't address the sheer amount of ignorance the man has graced us all with.
Again, you can NOT determine IQ based on a few statements that you may not agree with you or that you think are stupid.

If you could then it would be obvious that Obama is an idiot based on the fact that he can't speak without the use of his teleprompter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
And Palin has not taken a IQ test that is public knowledge, and yet everyone in this thread 'knows' what her IQ actually is right??

Oh that's right... we know she is stupid because of a few answers she gave during interviews, gotcha.

Just like we 'know' that Ford was a klutz because we all saw him fall down some steps. (The fact that he was an all-star football player who could have played in the NFL is to be completely ignored of course)

My point is that people are judging her IQ score based on personal bias, her ideas are different than mine therefore she must be stupid, and ignoring everything else. It is similar to people running around claiming that W was an idiot despite the fact that he had a BS from Yale, a MBA from Harvard and was a fighter pilot. (BTW analysis of Bush and Kerry's military records suggest that Bush is actually smarter than Kerry)

Now in an attempt to guess at her IQ here are a few facts:
1. She was an honor student in high school which means she was above average.
2. She is a college graduate which means she is above average, keep in mind that when she graduated, 1987, only 25% of white females were graduating from college. So while her course to a college degree was long and difficult she still completed what 75% of white females were not.
3. It is estimated that the typical governor has an IQ of around 125.

Thus it is a safe guess to say that Palin's IQ is probably in the 120-130 range. Might be a little lower, but it is most certainly above 100 or "average."

1. Wow, an honor student. I knew people in HS that took home-ec classes and were "honor students". They then went to shit undergrad schools, got shit degrees (or dropped out) and are doing nothing now.

2. Wow, she got a "communications" degree. I believe she didn't even complete it in 4 years. I did a double major, completed in 4 years, with a mediocre GPA and coasted in undergrad. I then went right into my MBA and had a 3.92 in finance. Big fucking deal.

3. "typical"? You mean average? What's the standard deviation, I bet she falls well outside of that.

I love the GWB being yale/harvard and being a fighter pilot. Everybody knows his father's connections got him into both schools and he sucked while there. Furthermore, everybody knows he was a joke of a fighter pilot, being assigned to a fighter being phased out, he was a drunk the whole time and was on leave for most of it.

He's as much of a wastrel as McCain was, coasting on family ties.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Again, you can NOT determine IQ based on a few statements that you may not agree with you or that you think are stupid.

I am not basing an IQ determination on a few statements that I may have thought stupid. I am basing the determination on his factual scholastic history, as well as his own words and deeds over the course of eight years. In those eight years, I have never once seen the man sound like he knew what he was talking about. He is a script monkey, nothing more. The mistakes in grammar, vocabulary, and rationale he made on an almost daily basis were beneath the abilities of most middle school students. Shit, his own freaking mother admitted he "wasn't much of a thinker." Bush is a simpleton, just deal with it.

I've seen Obama display at least a cursory amount of knowledge on what he speaks about, often times proving himself to be quite fluent and knowledgeable. While teleprompters are a necessary evil for speeches, I think it says a lot that you're clinging to one instance irt Obama, while making no mention of the Bush/Reagan penchant for being truly helpless without one. It became common for Bush to get snickers and giggles during White House press conferences when he tried to sound informed on issues (tribal sovereignty anyone?) whereas I've seen Obama "think on his feet" with aplomb, occasionally stomping the uppity reporter who doesn't know what he is asking about (cap and trade comes to mind) - and he usually does it intelligently and with poise. Never once saw Bush conduct himself that way. Bush developed a routine of hissy fits when confronted with too much skepticism that he couldn't address, which showed a child-like petulance. Yep, quite a thinker that guy.

Whatever. Your position as a Bush fluffer, no matter the issue, is well documented on this forum and I have no illusions that I'll convince you one way or the other. I'm not going to indulge you with anything else that takes the thread off topic.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Er, it's not IQ, it's wisdom that is the issue. I've known average people with the uncanny ability to accurately assess situations and make good choices, and I've known very smart individuals who I wouldn't trust to go food shopping for me.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
1. Wow, an honor student. I knew people in HS that took home-ec classes and were "honor students". They then went to shit undergrad schools, got shit degrees (or dropped out) and are doing nothing now.

2. Wow, she got a "communications" degree. I believe she didn't even complete it in 4 years. I did a double major, completed in 4 years, with a mediocre GPA and coasted in undergrad. I then went right into my MBA and had a 3.92 in finance. Big fucking deal.

3. "typical"? You mean average? What's the standard deviation, I bet she falls well outside of that.

I love the GWB being yale/harvard and being a fighter pilot. Everybody knows his father's connections got him into both schools and he sucked while there. Furthermore, everybody knows he was a joke of a fighter pilot, being assigned to a fighter being phased out, he was a drunk the whole time and was on leave for most of it.

He's as much of a wastrel as McCain was, coasting on family ties.
So you are telling me that Bush's dad helped him cheat on the SATs?

How about the military tests that both Bush and Kerry took and that Bush out scored Kerry on?? Did his dad help him cheat there too??

The bigger point is the fact that the left always considers Republicans to be stupid. I think it is because they can't understand how intelligent people would hold the opinions that the Republicans hold. The idea of Palin being stupid has less to do with actual intelligence and more to do with cultural and political bias.

BTW remember the VP debate where Palin the idiot held her own against Joe "I'm smarter than you" Biden?? I doubt someone with a sub-average IQ would have been able to hold their own against someone like Biden.

BTW2 Yes Palin has a Communications degree, but 75% of the women in her age group have no college degree at all.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What a worthless thread.

You know that list of SAT scores that's been circulating for years on right-wing sites like freep, etc. is completely bogus, right?

Oh wait, obviously you don't... :rolleyes:

Think about it for a moment... do you think anyone could ever get a full-ride scholarship to Georgetown with a 1032 SAT?

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
BTW remember the VP debate where Palin the idiot held her own against Joe "I'm smarter than you" Biden?? I doubt someone with a sub-average IQ would have been able to hold their own against someone like Biden.

To use your own line of reasoning against you, remember, Biden didn't want to be seen as picking on a woman, especially a retarded one. LOL

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
You know that list of SAT scores that's been circulating for years on right-wing sites like freep, etc. is completely bogus, right?

Think about it for a moment... do you think anyone could ever get a full-ride scholarship to Georgetown with a 1032 SAT?
That score is all over the internet. Google Clinton SAT score and you will find many sites with that number.

Doesn't mean it is correct though, but it is on a lot more sites than just freep.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
That score is all over the internet. Google Clinton SAT score and you will find many sites with that number.

Doesn't mean it is correct though, but it is on a lot more sites than just freep.

So you read about it on the internet so it must be true, right?

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Er, it's not IQ, it's wisdom that is the issue. I've known average people with the uncanny ability to accurately assess situations and make good choices, and I've known very smart individuals who I wouldn't trust to go food shopping for me.

Holy crap I agree with you on something.

STOP THE PRESSES! Alert the national guard! Hide the roast beast!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
"I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so? … How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address-state of the budget address, whatever you call it." -George W. Bush, in an interview with the Washington Post, March 9, 2001

"I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

Is it possible Palin can give W any competition in this arena? I'm not sure she can compete with Dubya's ability to spontaneously add new terms to the English lexicon, but as far as sounding completely ignorant on basic, commonly used terms and phrases I believe she may have a shot...

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007

I LOL'ed.

Under the old 'SAT' you got 400 points for signing your name correctly.

Then 10 points for each correct answer on 120 questions.

For a potential perfect score of 1600.

So, by my convoluted logic, any person who uses Shrub SAT scores from the internets with any last digit other than " zero " is either:

1) Lying and trolling;

OR

2) Completely ignorant of the SAT process and scoring.

--

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
A related question would be the iq of the virulent palin supporters. Especially the ones who attempt to explain away obvious deficiencies. I guess you would have to wonder if they are really this stupid or have some obtuse agenda.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
"I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so? … How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address-state of the budget address, whatever you call it." -George W. Bush, in an interview with the Washington Post, March 9, 2001

"I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001
“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.” Obama, May 2008

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” Obama, May 2007 BTW only 12 people died.

"Everybody knows that it makes no sense, and, you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs… when… if you… they just give… you gave ‘em treatment early, and they got some treatment, and, uh… a Breathalyzer… or, uh, an inhalator — not a Breathalyzer. I haven’t had much sleep in the last 48 hours, so you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs… when… if you… they just give… you gave ‘em treatment early, and they got some treatment…" Obama, not sure of date.

The guy doesn't know the difference between an inhaler and a breathalyzer, what an idiot :rolleyes: