What would you do if Your Government brought back CONSCRIPTION ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Hmmmmmm. Wonder if they take fat, goth, Alaskan, Keanu-Reeve-wannabes?

If they do, then sign me up already.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

<< Hmmmmmm. Wonder if they take fat, goth, Alaskan, Keanu-Reeve-wannabes? >>

Sure, you'll draw fire as well as anyone . . . maybe just not as long!

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
The government wouldn't draft me even if I wanted them too. I've got health problems so I'd have to stay home with the women while all the manly-men went off to war. It's probably for the best anyway 'cause judging by the way I play counter-strike I probably wouldn't last 2 minutes in a real war. :D

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have done my time,`USN 1976-1980.

I am saddened by the people that would not fight for their country. They may try to couch it in disrespect for the President, but they do not understand the honor nor the sacrifices made by our veterans.
So please listen all of you who say they would escape immediately, I hope that some day you find something worth fighting for. You will have a sad and lonely existence otherwise.

And yes, if my country needs a middle-aged, slightly overweight, near-sighted Fire Control Tech, I'm there. I can still tweak with the best of them.

Feb 10, 2000
I actually think that those countries that DO have mandatory military service (e.g., Israel) probably benefit from it to no small degree. God knows there are plenty of bright 18-25 year-olds in this country who are lazy and directionless, and who would benefit from some initiative and discipline, which the military will provide in no small measure.

BTW, AndrewR, don't get carried away - you would not be commanding me! Be sure to snap off a smart salute if we ever meet ;).