What would cause a keyboard to lock up when connecting via dialup.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
My wife brought home a fellow workers computer saying she was having problems with her dialup connection. I hook it up, and try and connect. She's got AOL, why the hell anyone would use that crap I don't know. But the keyboard doesn't work when connected. If you disconnect then the keyboard works. You connect, it doesn't, but the mouse still works and you can navigate that way you just can't type anything anywhere. Didn't know if this would be hardware or software related, so off topic is where it's going. :)

KK

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I don't believe so. IRQ1 is the keyboard and the modem is using com 3 which if memory serves me right is either IRQ3 or 4.

KK

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Confused
format c: /y

Confused

Really, I wouldn't mind doing that and telling her that AOL has got to go. I'm thinking right now it's this logitech internet keyboard, and I don't have the proper drivers loaded for it. I don't want to go sticking drivers on her pc if I don't have to. As far as the problem that was described to me, it ain't doing. She she that once connected it would browse to about two sites then not load up any other sites. Well I was browsing on it for a good ten minutes, and it didn't freeze the connection.

KK

phonemonkey

Feb 2, 2003
Originally posted by: KK

Confused

Really, I wouldn't mind doing that and telling her that AOL has got to go. I'm thinking right now it's this logitech internet keyboard, and I don't have the proper drivers loaded for it. I don't want to go sticking drivers on her pc if I don't have to. As far as the problem that was described to me, it ain't doing. She she that once connected it would browse to about two sites then not load up any other sites. Well I was browsing on it for a good ten minutes, and it didn't freeze the connection.

KK

So what happens if you put a plain keyboard on it and connect to AOHELL?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: jester79
Originally posted by: KK

Confused

KK

So what happens if you put a plain keyboard on it and connect to AOHELL?

Well, I got an AT keyboard. The one with the big ass connector, not the ps/2 type and I don't know where the adapter for that is. Oh well, I hate trying to fix other peoples pcs.

KK