What would be a good price for a Klipsch PROMEDIA 2.1 speaker system?

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I know this really belongs in the Pheriperals forum, but its pretty low traffic there compared to the Off-Topic, ergo I'm posting this over here.

So as the question states, wat is a good price for this speaker system. To me, it is the best 2.1 system available, even though it is around 3 years old. Anyone differ on this? I'm only interested in 2.1 systems, don't really need a 5.1 system.

I ask because the local Best Buy here in Canada has a sale going on only for today, and they are having 20% off all their speaker systems.

They also have a $100 off deal going for their 19-inch LCD monitors. Is Samsung a good brand for those?

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Since I'm not a Canuck, I cant tell you what a good price would be. However, as a owner of a set of 2.1 Promedias, I can tell you you'll be pretty happy with them. They are nice and clear, and the bass is more than adequate for a computer system. Its definitely not as good as a real HT setup, but on the other hand most people I have lived with dont like it when the volume is over 50% anyways, so if you're living with someone 95% of the time you couldnt go beyond what the 2.1 Promedias provide, at leasat not if you dont want your roommates to hate you.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Mookow
Since I'm not a Canuck, I cant tell you what a good price would be. However, as a owner of a set of 2.1 Promedias, I can tell you you'll be pretty happy with them. They are nice and clear, and the bass is more than adequate for a computer system. Its definitely not as good as a real HT setup, but on the other hand most people I have lived with dont like it when the volume is over 50% anyways, so if you're living with someone 95% of the time you couldnt go beyond what the 2.1 Promedias provide, at leasat not if you dont want your roommates to hate you.

Yeah, I heard them for the first time at my uncle's house and I was blown away! I've read about them a lot when they first came out a few years ago; I figured something better would have come out by now....guess not.

Any recommedations on 19-inch LCDs?