What will Hillary's first 100 days accomplishments be?

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
They say the first 100 days are crucial, what will she do those first 100 days in office?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
They say the first 100 days are crucial, what will she do those first 100 days in office?

Depends on the outcome of the House and Senate races. If Democrats win both houses she will probably do a ton. In the more likely scenario of the Republicans retaining at least the House she will do very little as they will obstruct everything.

Reactions: Ken g6

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
So nothing?

She should essentially have an electoral college mandate, if not popular vote mandate, and the support of many republicans that are anti Trump. Makes no sense to squander that political capital and that first 100 days.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't put too much faith into that first 100 day thing.
It is really just a sound bite to stir the base.
To give the illusion or delusion that you mean business.
Just some empty promise and frankly impossible to do unless one were elected dictator.
Like saying Obamacare is so bad, I will repeal it in my first 100 days.
Or ISIS is so bad, I'll wipe them off the face of the earth in my first 100 days.
About the only thing a newly elected president could do in their first 100 days is maybe change the drapes or replaced the towels in the oval office bathroom.
And promising that would not get one elected, but it would get you some shiny new drapes and a freshened bathroom.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump's first 100 days would be spent painting everything gold and erecting his name on top of the White House.

Reactions: Ken g6

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
I think you all are kind of stuck in "war mode" it's been over since it flipping started, that first 100 days is actually pretty important.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Depends on the outcome of the House and Senate races. If Democrats win both houses she will probably do a ton. In the more likely scenario of the Republicans retaining at least the House she will do very little as they will obstruct everything.

IMO, either way, the Repubs lose. They've positioned themselves into a no-win scenario in the sense that if Hillary wins and the Dems grab the Senate back, it will either force the House Repubs out of their policy of total obstructionism that gave them such miserable approval ratings and heavily contributed to the internal war they're now involved in, or cause the Repubs to stiffen their resolve to shut down the business of governing the nation even further. That will give the voting public even more reason to boot them out of office in the next election cycle.

edit - In essence, they have to choose between alienating their base by actually returning to the business of governing, or further alienating everyone else by ratcheting up their obstructionism to a whole new level to keep their base happy.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Trump's first 100 days would be spent painting everything gold and erecting his name on top of the White House.

Who gives a fuck? Seriously? He's not going to win, WTF?

Stop saber rattling and figure out her plan for that first 100 days.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think you all are kind of stuck in "war mode" it's been over since it flipping started, that first 100 days is actually pretty important.

It is important, I just don't think the Republicans will let her do much of anything.

Reactions: Kazukian

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
The GOP will keep the house, so I don't expect her to do much in terms of legislation.

If Garland doesn't get confirmed in the lame duck session, Hillary will nominate a new supreme court justice in her first 100 days, but the confirmation might take longer.

She'll probably end up spending must of the time dealing with ISIS/Syria/Russia.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I think that she should extend the waiting period for Republicans to buy guns from 3 days to 3 months to give their primitive minds extra time to comprehend the concept of a cooling off period.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
1. ban all guns

2. force gun owners into gayafication camps

3. give all the gunowners homes to syrian terrorists

Reactions: Sonikku

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
1. ban all guns

2. force gun owners into gayafication camps

3. give all the gunowners homes to syrian terrorists

That'll take more than 100 days.

Seriously, WTF is it with war mode, bunker mentality? Hillary's going to win, she's been going to win ever since Trump became the GOP nominee, let's move the discussion on to what happens next.

This isn't some kind of trick post, that first 100 days for a new president is typically golden.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It wasn't golden for Bill. His first 100 days were a disaster IIRC.

I'd say in this case it depends on whether the dems get the senate, and then, whether they are going to nuke the filibuster or not. Even then, it will be a tough slog getting 15 or so reps in the House to vote for anything. Major concessions will be needed.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I figure she'll hit the ground running with a whole raft of proposals. Basic shock & awe. The ink is probably already dry on a lot of it. Whether Repubs will take a sensible turn is anybody's guess.

Jan 25, 2011
In Obama's first 100 days the GOP made it abundantly clear they would do everything to make him a one term president. McConnells words exactly. McCain has already said he would refuse to hear any Supreme Court nominees and the election hasn't happened yet. Of course his people backed off it slightly after the fact.

Without a drastic change in the house and or senate what hope is there? Gerrymandered districts make it so reps don't have to do a thing.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That'll take more than 100 days.

Seriously, WTF is it with war mode, bunker mentality? Hillary's going to win, she's been going to win ever since Trump became the GOP nominee, let's move the discussion on to what happens next.

This isn't some kind of trick post, that first 100 days for a new president is typically golden.
Are you really this dense?

Here's a link to Daily Caller, so you can be sure it isn't a libruul bias media source.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/27/t...-obamas-inauguration-night-actually-old-news/

The only difference between Trump saying out loud that no Democratic president is legitimate, and the Republican response to Democratic presidents since 1992, is that Trump said out loud that no Democratic presidents are legitimate.

So, the first 100 days isn't some feel-good cushy time where HRC has a blank check.

Obama had both the House and Senate and was effectively blocked on most fronts.

If Clinton doesn't win the House, and doesn't have 60+ Senate votes, she isn't going to be able to just will things into happening. She will be blocked.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/27/t...-obamas-inauguration-night-actually-old-news/

"Old News".

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If the Senate flips and Garland isn't confirmed in the lame duck, I suspect Clinton will be nominating more than one justice. I think Ginsberg will out by inauguration day.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Arrest/Jail Trump for multiple counts of fraud
Nuke Russia
Appoint Obama as Ayatollah
Establish Caliphate

You know, the usual things.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Depends on turnout and down ballot results.

She will enjoy a strong popular and electoral college lead, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a mandate, especially if turnout is historically low.

If the Dems don't take the Senate, she is essentially politically dead on arrival.

Also depends on what the Republicans learn post Trump

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Would probably get better responses if you changed the question to "presuming Hillary Clinton gets elected, what do you think her #1 priority should be in the beginning of her term"? Forget the 100 days since that's an arbitrary number and realize that most Presidents only have enough political capital for one major initiative, in Obama's case it was Obamacare - I know some will argue for the stimulus too but that was really a continuation of the Bush stimulus measures.