What will happen if I don't renew my Cisco Network license ?

pvanvu

Feb 19, 2016
Hi everyone ,
As you know that every Cisco Cert has their own expired date , so we have to renew it based on the date on the Certification . But I have a few questions :

1) What will happen if I don't renew my Cisco Network license ?

2) Should I renew the license before the expired date , or after the expired date ?

3) I have heard that renew Cisco license by taking another Cisco Network course , Is that correct ?
If yes , Am I able to keep working at my Company , or I have to stay at home to study until I pass the new course in order to renew my license and get back to work ?

Thank you

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
1) The certification will expire. Whether that has any real effect depends on whether your current employer requires you to have a current/active certification.
2) If your job requires you to remain certified, do it before the current cert expires or you might have problems with your employer (you'd have to ask your boss).
3) Yes, you need to pass an exam again to renew your certification. For the rest of this question, (you'd have to ask your boss). ;)

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You do not have to take a new course to take the exam, but you do need to update your skill set to include the new topics that have been added to the current version of the exam.

All that is required to "take" take the exam is $295.00.