What were the best Xbox One games of E3? [POLL]

What were the best Xbox One games of E3?

• Fallout 4

• Gears of War 4 & Remastered Edition

• Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

• Halo 5 Guardians

• Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Forza Motorsport 6

• Fable Legends

• Tom Clancy's The Division

• Assassin's Creed Syndicate

• Star Wars Battlefront

Results are only viewable after voting.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
you need an "other".

none of those games in the OP excite me at all.

the only games i care about in that list is halo 5 and tomb raider, and maybe gears 4 (is it really 4? there were 4 games on 360)

but i am not "excited" about either of them at e3 because they were already known about beforehand and around the corner.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
you need an "other".

none of those games in the OP excite me at all.

the only games i care about in that list is halo 5 and tomb raider, and maybe gears 4 (is it really 4? there were 4 games on 360)

but i am not "excited" about either of them at e3 because they were already known about beforehand and around the corner.

You're not excited by a game because it's already coming out? I mean, are you only going to be excited if a new IP literally gets announced on its launch day or what? How is knowing that Halo and The Division exist reason to not be excited for them? I've known about, and been disappointed by the delay of, The Division for well over a year now, yet it manages to remain one of the games I'm most excited for in YEARS, simply because I think it has potential to be a great game with unique gameplay elements that will be fun.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
Anyway, I went Halo. I want more of the story. I want all of those multiplayer maps. Forza never lasts long in my library for me to fully embrace a new release. Gears and CoD were so underwhelming that the franchises are on life support for my interest. Battlefront looked like a mediocre shooter with a sexy coat of paint. Fallout looked awesome, I just like Halo more. Assassin's Creed is a joke on a good day for me. Tomb Raider and Fable did absolutely nothing for me.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You're not excited by a game because it's already coming out? I mean, are you only going to be excited if a new IP literally gets announced on its launch day or what? How is knowing that Halo and The Division exist reason to not be excited for them? I've known about, and been disappointed by the delay of, The Division for well over a year now, yet it manages to remain one of the games I'm most excited for in YEARS, simply because I think it has potential to be a great game with unique gameplay elements that will be fun.

i don't get excited about seeing more footage of halo 5 or more footage of uncharted 4. in fact, i don't want to see or hear anything more about it because instead of having the whole game spoiled before i play it (like movie trailers do sometimes) i'd rather experience it in person playing it for the first time.

that whole uncharted 4 demo they did at e3 would have been so much cooler to experience it the first time myself playing the game rather than watching a video of it. now when i play it, i'll be like "oh its this part from e3 demo, i know what to do".

seeing more of this at e3 this year would have gotten me excited, but it wasn't even mentioned the entire e3 (to my knowledge)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/burnout-developer-discusses-new-game-studio-change/1100-6421176/

probably got scrapped because ea needed more money for madden 16 or assassins creed 15

Last edited:

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
i don't get excited about seeing more footage of halo 5 or more footage of uncharted 4. in fact, i don't want to see or hear anything more about it because instead of having the whole game spoiled before i play it (like movie trailers do sometimes) i'd rather experience it in person playing it for the first time.

that whole uncharted 4 demo they did at e3 would have been so much cooler to experience it the first time myself playing the game rather than watching a video of it. now when i play it, i'll be like "oh its this part from e3 demo, i know what to do".

seeing more of this at e3 this year would have gotten me excited, but it wasn't even mentioned the entire e3 (to my knowledge)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/burnout-developer-discusses-new-game-studio-change/1100-6421176/

probably got scrapped because ea needed more money for madden 16 or assassins creed 15

First off, EA doesn't even make Assassin's Creed, that's Ubisoft, of course. If anything, I'd blame it on Battlefront, probably wasn't a cheap get, that licensing.

I guess I get not wanting a game spoiled, I agree with that. But to not be excited by a game because you know about it, I find that weird. We knew DOOM was coming for years, but seeing that first footage relieved a lot of concern it would suck, and it looked fantastically awesome instead, for example. I didn't get excited for most of the Halo content showed, but I was excited for the game nonetheless.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I'm going to say Re-Core b/c I love me some Metroid. I think I've bought every Nintendo system that has a Metroid game and have skipped the ones that don't. Never had an N64 and don't have a Wii-U. Already know that I'm getting Halo 5, Gears ultimate and 4, and Forza 6.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
How can people say Recore when there was zero gameplay? I don't get that.

You didn't see the game, you saw some CGI trailer that told you nothing.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
First off, EA doesn't even make Assassin's Creed, that's Ubisoft, of course. If anything, I'd blame it on Battlefront, probably wasn't a cheap get, that licensing.

I guess I get not wanting a game spoiled, I agree with that. But to not be excited by a game because you know about it, I find that weird. We knew DOOM was coming for years, but seeing that first footage relieved a lot of concern it would suck, and it looked fantastically awesome instead, for example. I didn't get excited for most of the Halo content showed, but I was excited for the game nonetheless.

i know that ubisoft makes AC, if you couldn't tell i was being sarcastic about the iterations of those games.

and no, "we" didn't know doom was coming. i had not a clue it was coming. it looked neat though. so speak for yourself.

and yes, i don't get excited to hear about stuff and see footage of stuff that i already have known about for YEARS. it does nothing for me. ill get excited when i can get my hands on the game.

and yes, recore video was cool, but they didn't even show any hint of what type of game it will be. can't get excited over a cgi trailer.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I will say though, the team working on Recore makes it sound pretty cool when talking about their ideas and such. I just need to see something more.

From games I've actually seen gameplay of I think Horizon Zero Dawn, Street Fighter 5, Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain (I've played this one in the ground zeroes demo), Uncharted 4 and Fallout 4 were the best games at the show this year for me. Honorable mentions for Gears 4, The Last Guardian and Halo 5 but Gears needs to sell me on their game. I'm not really a big fan.

I did also hear that they are working on another God of War game but there's no details. Just that one will be coming. Hope it turns out good. I'm getting off topic now though...talking about PS4 stuff.

Last edited:

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
Agreed, ReCore might be fine, but there's just so little known about it. Horizon looked really cool as well, but without too much information on it (release window, specifically), I can't say I'm paying too much attention to it. Maybe I'll pick up a PS4 by the time it's out. Gears, I'm so mad at the $40 price tag on their silly remaster that it sours me on the dev as a whole, honestly. TMCC might have been (and still is, to some extent) a buggy mess, but 4 games (1 full remaster, 2 straight ports, 1 ported remaster) for $60 vs. 1 for $40 is hard to accept. That, and my interest in Gears faded pretty quickly, and the campaign in the third wasn't very good. I played a BUCNH of Gears' first game's multiplayer and beat the campaign multiple times. I beat the second's campaign once and did a little multiplayer. I beat the third's campaign once and never touched the multiplayer. Then I just never gave a crap about the fourth to pick it up. I don't know that I have much interest in the fourth, and without a full series remaster/port (partially to experience Judgment, partially just to refresh my memory on the story), I don't feel compelled to play the new game.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
It did look really cool, but we really don't know enough about it to make a good judgment, in my opinion. The Division still tops it, for me, as I like its winter setting, amazing tech/engine demo from last year's E3, and we've got more information and gameplay of the game, along with an actual release date.

astrosfan315

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2002
It did look really cool, but we really don't know enough about it to make a good judgment, in my opinion. The Division still tops it, for me, as I like its winter setting, amazing tech/engine demo from last year's E3, and we've got more information and gameplay of the game, along with an actual release date.

I'm okay with that assessment. I've been eagerly awaiting The Division myself..but seeing Ghost Recon completely out of the blue was really refreshing. Seeing multiple pathways reminded me of playing original Ghost Recon on 56K PC with my old college buddies running hostage rescue missions and all of us communicating everything and trying not to accidentally shoot each other with the NVGs on not telling who was who when you busted into a home or barn or what have you.

However, for this poll..I voted Fallout 4, but my surprise happy face game was GR: Wildlands.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I don't honestly get why Ghost Recon is happening. Between it, The Division, and Watch Dogs, Ubisoft is really going over-the-top with the third-person, open-world shooters. It feels too redundant in the Ubi catalog.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
yeah GR looked sick. thought it was a lone survivor game or something at first. i think it looks loads better than the division. division does nothing for me and looks boring. it just LOOKS clunky, i can't imagine how clunky it feels to play.

ChuckFx

Nov 12, 2013
Battlefront as most exciting, coming close in Ghost Recon WL and The Div (will it ever be released??!)

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
What do you mean? The Division has an actual release date, while Wildlands has nothing of even a vague window. Also, if you're trusting DICE, good luck to you, sir.