What was the worst corporate merger in history?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Ime
AOL-Time Warner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

either that or IBM - Lotus

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Nortel & Alteon.

I was long in Alteon and they had a great management team and good stock performance. Nortel swallowed them up and it's been downhill from there.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Mizer
Originally posted by: tm37
AOL-Time Warner

It was great for aol and horrible for timewarner.

Any time ted turner gets screwed I am happy. Even if AOL is the one who does it;)

This merger affected a lot of people's retirement funds not just Ted Turner and now the stocks are in a big black hole.

I know first hand.

Id you have the majority of your retirement in one stock you have a bad finavial planner

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

AOL-Time Warner

either that or IBM - Lotus

Strongly disagree. Bad for Microsoft maybe. And, Maybe not the best merger, but, it's certainly had positive results for both companies. Lotus getting into the big fortune 100 companies, and IBM boosting it's IGS division. Now, the IBM - PWC really bothers me. I'm guessing that's going to turn out pretty bad, but, I hope not.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Bush and the white house.

HA! I win!

I bet my wife someone would say something political by the 5th post! Thanks!

If your married , then by now, at your age, you should understand everything we do, how people see us, the jobs we have, the promotions we get, and even the wife we have is politics:p

Skull and crossbones is a killer frat I hear.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I would have to second the Mattel/Learning Company fiasco. It's been one big money pit since that happened.