What was the result of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case?

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
I tried to find the latest,but couldn't..

Anyone know what the result was?

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
My summary of the incident:
- Duke lacrosse players decide to throw a party
- a guy sends an email to his buds saying some things he shouldn't have about what he'd like to do to a stripper they will invite to the party
- party happens, but nothing bad happens at the party (especially not anything mentioned in the email)
- stripper leaves, presses charges for alleged rape/sexual abuse/etc.

My summary of the aftermath:
- because of politics (the District Attorney is up for reelection soon) and the media (fvcking media hype), the case is sensationalized
- Duke lacrosse players, including one guy who had a very clear alibi (he was recorded on video at an ATM several miles away), are charged
- prosecution has no clear evidence, and the stripper keeps changing her story (stripper's body had no signs of sexual abuse, BTW)
- District Attorney continues to press case (presumably because elections are approaching) and the media shows no signs of letting go (bloodthirsty networks)
- school year ends, defendants graduate, DA gets reelected, and everything blows over, except the changes that Duke (and several other colleges/universities) decide to make are still on track to be implemented (which isn't a bad thing, really)

A quote from one of the defendants: "You all have been told some fantastic lies." I hope that b1tch goes to jail.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: soydios
My summary of the incident:
- Duke lacrosse players decide to throw a party
- a guy sends an email to his buds saying some things he shouldn't have about what he'd like to do to a stripper they will invite to the party
- party happens, but nothing bad happens at the party (especially not anything mentioned in the email)
- stripper leaves, presses charges for alleged rape/sexual abuse/etc.

My summary of the aftermath:
- because of politics (the District Attorney is up for reelection soon) and the media (fvcking media hype), the case is sensationalized
- Duke lacrosse players, including one guy who had a very clear alibi (he was recorded on video at an ATM several miles away), are charged
- prosecution has no clear evidence, and the stripper keeps changing her story (stripper's body had no signs of sexual abuse, BTW)
- District Attorney continues to press case (presumably because elections are approaching) and the media shows no signs of letting go (bloodthirsty networks)
- school year ends, defendants graduate, DA gets reelected, and everything blows over, except the changes that Duke (and several other colleges/universities) decide to make are still on track to be implemented (which isn't a bad thing, really)

A quote from one of the defendants: "You all have been told some fantastic lies." I hope that b1tch goes to jail.

The DA election has not happened yet, unless you can see into the future.
Also I think only 1 person has graduated. The other 2 have been removed from Duke but not graduated.