What was the name...

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Voltron.

There were three different versions of Voltron. The lions, the vehicles, and three robot-thingees.

Wiki

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: cycleman77
Gobots

I'm not old enough to remember watching the originals, but I definitely remember watching reruns.

man the toys sucked. they looked like crap

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Wow this thread REALLY takes me back. I hate a Gobots lunch box when I was a kid...

The Wiki page really blows my mind - as per the picture, I think I owned some of those toys (the one that says "Future Machine" for sure!) :shocked:

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Are you thinking of Battle of the Planets/G-Force?
Reading the name changes at the end of that doesn't seem right - while I remember watching it as "G-Force", I really only remember the names they're giving in the BoTP column.

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
Vehicle Voltron. The other 2 were Gladiator Voltron, and of course, the popular Lionbot Voltron.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: rivan
Are you thinking of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_Force_(anime)">Battle of the Planets/G-Force?</a>

Reading the name changes at the end of that doesn't seem right - while I remember watching it as "G-Force", I really only remember the names they're giving in the BoTP column.

heh Gforce was great!

But i don't think thats it. i seem to remember a voltron rip off (it was not on long from what i recall). NO it was not the toher voltron shows.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Are you thinking of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_Force_(anime)">Battle of the Planets/G-Force?</a>

I bet you waved you arm in a 3 quarter circle after touching your LED watch and yelled G-FORCE! ;) Then waited for your spaceship to turn into a giant fire bird.

I know I did.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07

I bet you waved you arm in a 3 quarter circle after touching your LED watch and yelled G-FORCE! ;) Then waited for your spaceship to turn into a giant fire bird.

I know I did.

I think I was around 6 when I watched it - late 70s - and I do remember having my mom make me a cape. :D

Reading the wiki entry forBattle of the Planets gives me a probably reason I remember the show as 'G-Force' but remember the BoTP teammate names shown on the G-Force wiki entry:
Battle of the Planets casts five young people as G-Force, consisting of Mark, Jason, Princess, Keyop, and Tiny.

The timeline also makes more sense for when I'd have been watching.

I loved that show - and always thought Voltron was a ripoff from it - a highly formulaic team of 5 teens, each piloting machines that combined to make a mega-evil-fighting super-whatever. Each team was the same - 1 girl, 1 "popular guy", 1 "lone wolf" guy, 1 little nerdy guy and 1 jovial fat guy.

Doesn't mean I didn't watch every last Voltron episode I could glue my eyes to, too ;)

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07

I know I did.

I bought a Battle of the Planets DVD and never realized how annoing 7ark7 was (what a ripoff of the R2D2 name)...

i watched that show religously when I got home from school...that music when they went into battle or whatever was awesome...

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
For some reason this thread reminded me of that catroon/toy marketting show called M.A.S.K.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
saber rider? (obviously not, but i just wanted to look in wikipedia for a cartoon i used to wake up early for)