what was the name of that one show during the 80's...captain something...scifi adventure series..EDIT: FOUND! THX DUDES!

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
i think it was called "Captain (i forgot)"......

it was a series, that spawned lotsa toys and some video games...

i used to have one of the games where you just put in a video tape, and you have the fighter-space plane thing in your hand, and you would dodge and shoot stuff on the TV and the plane would react....

arg i loved the series when i was very very little....i just can't remember the title....captain something.....

EDIT: captain power! THANKS ATOT!

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Roger
You sure it was captain ?

All I can think of is "The Greatest American Hero"

I don't remember any videogames or spinoffs based on this, though...unless I am just never saw them. On a sidenote, that was a great show...I used to watch that show every week with my Dad..."Who could it be? Believe it or not, it's just me...."

Edit: Is this a cartoon, or live action?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
damn you, i know exactly who you are talking about... you would hold their spaceship in your hand like a gun, and have to watch a VHS tape with it like you were flying through, you'd shoot stuff and get points and if your ship got hit (read: was pointed at the red color on the screen too much) your guy shot out of his cockpit

and i have absolutely no idea what the name was, but thanks to you i'll be addled until someone figured it out

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: crisp82
Captain Planet
Captain Caveman?

"Captain... CavemaaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaann!!!1!oneonetwo"

Sorry.. just had to get that out of my system... ;)

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: crisp82
Captain Planet
Captain Caveman?

"Captain... CavemaaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaann!!!1!oneonetwo"

Sorry.. just had to get that out of my system... ;)

oh man, you stole my line.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
Originally posted by: Roger
Is this a cartoon or live action ?
See my link :)
Oh, no, I vividly remember Greatest American Hero being live-action...I was asking if the show he was referring to was live-action or cartoon...:p

twas a cartoon

Oh no it wasn't:

http://epguides.com/GreatestAmericanHero/

No, no, I have confused the situation here. I knew that Greatest American Hero wasn't a cartoon. Roger thought I was talking about GAH, when I was talking about the original show that we were trying to determine the name of. Joemonkey was referring to the original show which we were talking about...:p