What was the largest number of cans, bottles that you took back to the store for recycle and depost return

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
About 500,000.

My family is in wholesale beverage distribution. We get 6.4 - 6.9 cents per container.

Choralone

Dec 2, 1999
$12 worth. Most places in my area won't let you take in more than that at one time. So you just come back later. :) I know, I take in all the empty pop cans from where I work. I usually get two or three medium size garbage bags full of cans per week. :)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< RossMAN> They're 10 cents here :) >>

ROTFLMAO!! That Seinfeld espisode was on the other day!!!!:p The one where Kramer and Newman scheme up the plan to rent a UHaul truck and take the cans cross country to a state that gives you back 10 cents instead of the 5 cents in NY. They were working out gas mileage and rental fees to see if it was feasible to take them cross country or cash them in in New York. They ended up robbing bag ladies and stealing cans from restaurants. In the end, I believe they loaded them up in a mail truck b/c Newman got assigned to some special route b/c of excess mail delivery before Mother's Day. I forgot what happened after than 'cause I fell asleep :(

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
me and a buddy cleaned out his place after a few partys and came up with
$120+

but we spent it all the same day..:D