What was the forum drama going on when you joined?

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Since it's my join anniversary I thought i post a related question.

I remember the wounded monitor children. Can you imagine paying those prices for a CRT today? I also remember Dennilfloss' shenanagins.

What do you all recall?

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Some jerk kept telling everybody that they were wrong.

Oh wait, that was me.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
IDK. I actually joined in 1999, but some database error erased the first two years of my existence. Then there was the 'pay to play' plan, and I just said screw it and didn't really come back till 2012.
Used to lurk ATOT and avoid P&N like the plague. Now I hang out in both (though ATOT is way more tame than it used to be).

Johnny Ringo

Dec 6, 2012
I actually started visiting here in 1998 doing research for my build using a Celeron 300a. I lurked for many, many years before signing up.

Believe it or not, the "Hot Deals" section was invaluable over 20 years ago. There were so many hot deals during the original "dot com" bubble. Value America was one of the all time bests. Your first purchase gave $100 off a purchase. People created many accounts on multiple email addresses, myself included, and bought many things at massive discounts. There was always drama on whatever the deal of the day was going to be that outdid the deals from the previous day.

Reactions: nakedfrog

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I lurked on this site in the late 90s/early 00's then finally joined so I could post. Let walk down the memory lane for the almost 2 decades that I have been here.

I remember Funboy with all his family problems and issues, McBaine's last post before he was banned, the guy with the firmly pressed jeans and big arms (Tyrek??) and all of the video/audio equipment and the sign "yes Nik this is my office" , Nik and his "wrong forum" antic, Geekbabe got married, the huge ban hammer from the mods to a bunch of posters because someone hacked onto the server and took some information and passed around, the amnesty kiss and make up program so banned members can come back, and on and on.

Too many to remember and list them all plus I am not as young as I used to be.

I am surprise the site and all of the forums/subs are still alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I don't remember any drama when I joined (2011). Maybe some of you old timers can fill me in? I remember visiting the forums a few years before I actually signed up. It was right around the time I got laid off and started my own PC repair business, but never really got that into it.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
the guy with the firmly pressed jeans and big arms and the sign "yes nik this is my office" and on and on. Too many to remember and list them.

yesnik.jpg

Reactions: Johnny Ringo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Trygve :(
I know he had some sort of accident and was in the hospital, haven't been able to find out what happened to him after that. Any of you folks know?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I can't remember what drama ensued when I joined back in late '98. My joined date altered in the autumn of 1999.

The only thing of note I remember was GUTB trolling like mad.

Reactions: sandorski