What was I supposed to do on this initial prompt on a New Build?

Fakum

Dec 7, 2007
I spent a few months researching on what my new build was going to be and decided to go with AMD this time around. I read a lot and watched a lot of tutorials on lasted info on how to do a new build. What I NEVER seen in any research was what I was prompted with on my 1st power up. What was I supposed to do at this point? When I 1st seen it, I googled it and the info I found advised me to press “Y”. So I did. I was able to install Windows 10 but I was never, and still cant boot up off the “Boot Manager” on the M2 SSD or any bootable media (Thumb Drive) without having to go into the BIOS and select what I want to boot up off of in the “BOOT OVERRIDE”. So what was I supposed to do about this prompt? I cant find any meaningful information to date yet? Thank you for any responses.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96

SSD: M.2: SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2

GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G

POWER SUPPLY: FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1200W ATX 3.0 PCI-E GEN-5 80 Plus Platinum

TOWER: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW

CPU AIO COOLER: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

WINDOWS 10 Pro
1683027796662.png

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Y is fine. There wasn't anything in the TPM you cared about anyway, what with it being a brand-new computer.

I'm curious to know what the ramifications would have been on a live Win11 system if someone replaced the processor then chose yes to this prompt.

Fakum

Dec 7, 2007
Well,,, thats a good to know now anyway. I was on the phone with ASUS when you responded, at least my problem is now solved. I will post my findings here even though its not as relevant to the original question here.

After 3 days, I called ASUS. Bottom line was. I had my Arctic AIO cooler plugged into the AIO Header, instead of the CPU Fan Header (As the manual states to do) and when plugged into the CPU Fan header now, all boots up fine. WTF with all the hours of research! At least im good now, was ready to order a new MOBO and send this one back via prime,,,,