• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question What vpn routers should i buy from target? $800 budget.

martin445

Feb 28, 2020
I have $800 in target gift cards. Whats the fastest routers i can install a vpn on for online streaming and a bit of online gaming i can buy from target?

VirtualLarry

Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Probably an Asus? IF they carry them, that is. Otherwise, a Linksys 3200X or whatever the updated WRT-looking AC3200 Gaming router is, that accepts 3rd-party firmware. You're going to want 3rd-party firmware, to run a decent VPN setup.

Or maybe a Tenda or Jetstream @ Walmart?

Edit: This one. Then put on FreshTomato 'VPN' firmware.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Buy electronics elsewhere, use this for target-y type items.
Target actually has a pretty good selection of routers, if you use their website. They use 3rd party stores now. Prices are a tad higher than Newegg or Amazon, but not too bad. This Asus is supported by both DD-WRT & Fresh Tomato.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Target actually has a pretty good selection of routers, if you use their website. They use 3rd party stores now. Prices are a tad higher than Newegg or Amazon, but not too bad. This Asus is supported by both DD-WRT & Fresh Tomato.

Cool, thanks for the info

killster1

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
they have the 86u at target id recommend that router if you update it every 5 months.. of course its double what i paid for one 2 years ago? nothing is a very good price at target. the food is more expensive then other stores i have seen. maaybe clothes are OK price if you like those that they offer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY