What type of herbicide does Trugreen use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Wondering what type of formula Trugreen uses to eliminate weeds. I've been using natural fertilizer for about the last year or so and I'm really satisfied with the results, however it's a little too good as the weeds try to take over. Looking for something similar to what Trugreen uses. I really just want something that will kill all the weeds (dandelions, creeping charlie, etc..) I don't really need the fertilizer part as I have that covered.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wondering what type of formula Trugreen uses to eliminate weeds. I've been using natural fertilizer for about the last year or so and I'm really satisfied with the results, however it's a little too good as the weeds try to take over. Looking for something similar to what Trugreen uses. I really just want something that will kill all the weeds (dandelions, creeping charlie, etc..) I don't really need the fertilizer part as I have that covered.

I notice you mentioned you are using organic fertilizer...are you specifically looking for trugreen's formula because of their claim to be environmentally safe and kid/pet friendly?

If so, you may want to research their eco-friendly claims, IIRC they got snagged for false advertising regarding this recently.

As far as I know there isn't really an effective organic weed control on the market unfortunately. If there is, I'd like to know (and not 2 tons of corn gluton per year for crabgrass control lol).

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Whats really sad is that they ALL lie.. I know for a fact Trugreen uses the same harsh chemicals everyone else does.

Place I used to work for.. quite large and has "Natural" in the name can get away with it because they have an organic fertilizer option minus the weed killer.. such a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.