What type of hair product to add weight to hair?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I got a haircut yesterday and my hair dresser put some product that looked like lotion into my hair. It was very nice and added weight so my hair wouldn't blow around, but my hair was still soft and acted like there were no products in it. Any idea what this is?

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: JToxic
I got a haircut yesterday and my hair dresser put some product that looked like lotion into my hair. It was very nice and added weight so my hair wouldn't blow around, but my hair was still soft and acted like there were no products in it. Any idea what this is?
I don't know what it was, but I'd recommend something called ICE Spiker styling glue. It's a little stiff after you put it on, but if you just play with your hair a bit after it's dry, it won't be stiff anymore. I use the smallest dab each time I get out of the shower. I've had the same bottle for 3 years.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: montanafan
Just call them and ask. They probably sell it there in the shop.

thats the obvious answer of course, but she was gone today and I am going out of town on Sunday

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
If it was a national chain place like Regis Salons, maybe you can find it on their web site, but if you didn't see the bottle/tube it came from that would be difficult since they have so many different types and even brands of stuff. Wish I could be more helpful.

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JToxic
Originally posted by: montanafan
Just call them and ask. They probably sell it there in the shop.

thats the obvious answer of course, but she was gone today and I am going out of town on Sunday

Post the answer when you get it I'd be interested in trying some for myself.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Everybody is giving me waxes and gels. This had a lotion-like consistency and did not make my hair hard at all.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
http://www.americancrew.com/home.htm

I was going to suggest the Grooming Cream or Matte (Grooming Cream), but found another product; Thickening Lotion...go figure.

Thats interesting. Any idea what salons would carry that? Their store finder is worthless. Their texture creme looks good too. I might have to go waste some money on hair products tomorrow.

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
redkin rewind...

great stuff... water based (not waxed) like most pomades, so its easy to clean... and it doesn't flake and is still soft...