What to expect after BF Vietnam?

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
I'm dying to play BF Vietnam, and it got me thinking. Obviously this is a very sucessful franchise for EA; what do you think will be a likely follow-up to Vietnam?

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Magnum375
Battlefield: Desert Storm

- oh wait

Well, logically, that's where you'd expect them to go, but Trauma have done such a stellar job with the DC mod.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
BF 7 days war, or BF Guerilla War.

I don't think BF falkland Islands would work.

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Magnum375
Battlefield: Desert Storm

- oh wait

Well, logically, that's where you'd expect them to go, but Trauma have done such a stellar job with the DC mod.

My point exactly

Maybe - Battlefield 2003 - War on the homefront, Powell's prostate gets the last word

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Perhaps we'll see a future-based fictional scenario, along the lines of Planetside...

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Well, since BF vietnam is a takeoff on EOD, maybey BF: Iraqi Freedom?

(Personally, BF: Korea would be nice, or BF: WW3 (but operation flashpoint already did that),

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: So

(Personally, BF: Korea would be nice, or BF: WW3 (but operation flashpoint already did that),

Korea would be neat.

Don't think they would do Iraqi Freedom unless they could improve much on BF:DS

lol @ BF:ATOT

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
battlefield 1914 would be decent,
think off all the cool stuff youd get to fly (baloons etc. :) )

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: halik
battlefield 1914 would be decent,
think off all the cool stuff youd get to fly (baloons etc. :) )

Any pre WWII conflict would be kinda crappy, due to the lack of vehicles...

BF Finland: The Winter War! :D

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
We've yet to see much in the way of a civil war game, but I don't think it would work with the BF formula. A medieval axes and swords style battlefield game would be awesome.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia
We've yet to see much in the way of a civil war game, but I don't think it would work with the BF formula. A medieval axes and swords style battlefield game would be awesome.

Again, no vehicles...any Battlefield game without vehicles just wouldn't work.

Plus, any FPS without projectile weapons just makes no sense...how would you 'fire' an ax? There'd be no skill.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001

Plus, any FPS without projectile weapons just makes no sense...how would you 'fire' an ax? There'd be no skill.

Well, I'm not saying I actually expect either of those games to be made, but I think it would be cool. And various horses could replace vehicles. You could throw catapult or cannon in there depending on the setting as well. As far as the skill factor goes, I'm sure they could come up with something. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't be done in the future.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

They had horses and wagons back in the day. and bows.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch

They had horses and wagons back in the day. and bows.

IMO, Horses are two slow and only seat one, still, you have a point.

Longbows, though, were more like artillery, not like a gun.

The crossbow, is more like a gun, but (IIRC) it was only around for a little while before guns appeared.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002

It's not a takeoff on EOD. I'm sure they had thought about what to do for the sequel before BF 1942 was even done.

There is already a medieval mod for BF called Siege. I tried it but it sucked and I don't think anyone plays it.

WW1 would be a cool theme, but I just don't think people would enjoy the even slower pace. Going from a mustang to a bi-plane would be a bit of a downer.

I think they should make a modern day version, but not Iraq related. The scenario would be a future non-nuclear war between the U.S. and some other modern superpower. Maybe China or Russia. The maps could include places like L.A. and N.Y. I like the urban warfare aspect. It would be fun to drive a humvee on the L.A. freeways.

Maybe call it BF: Red Dawn.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I'd like to see Battlefield: Braveheart!

That'd be cool fighting hand to hand.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Heh, they need to seriously work on that game engine and get some real physics. I hate it when I speeding in my jeep and hit the slightest bump and explode. Fscking lame.