what to do...

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I _just_ bought Half Life a few minutes ago, got home, installed, ready to go. But wait. It wants to download an update. 53MB update at that. Ugh. And it's slow. Estimated time was 110 minutes, and 80 minutes left. I'm on DSL. Sierra's site is slower than molasses in winter.

What should I do in the mean time? I've cleaned my desk. Cleaned up crap off my floor. Read my email. Read the forums. Now what?? I'm bored and I wanna play this stinkin game!!!! The demo got me hooked!

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
That's why I have a 7" TV with Cable Hook-up right next to my Monitor.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Man, why don't you come over and clean my room. It really needs it!

I know you're going to hear it a million times, but you just got HL? Man, you'll love it...I hope you have good speakers. Nothing beats the sound in the one player game. I love it! :)

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Yea, 50 megs USUALLY takes five minutes, but it's going butt slow right now. I'm getting about 250Kb/sec right now downloading the Counter Strike add on.

I just got it because I've never really had a gaming system. After I built this puter back in August I was broke. Ran into a little bit of money (read: paid off that system ;) and I decided to buy a game. Half Life was it.

Got decent speakers. Puter is hooked up to my Panasonic minisystem that does pretty well. Sounded awesome in the demo level.

edit: speed increased on CS ;)

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
You should be able to find a much faster site. Sierra's is always slow for me too.:)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Hang on, its free (after you bought the game, that is) and worth it.

Let us know if anything in the first level scares you.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Ahhhhhhhh. I thought it was a Sierra only thing. Checked 3dfiles and there it is. 310Kb/sec now. Much better. Says 22 minutes, but I won't complain.

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
will you come over and help me find the second disc to chrono cross? i misplaced it and beat disc 1 today! :)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Awwwwww!!!!! 50mb is going to take you a whole 2 hours to download???

Waahhhhh!!!!

Cry me a river, pal. Try doing it on a 31.2K dial-up, then you can come whining to me about it...

amish