What to do?

itzdroopy

Jul 10, 2012
Hey all, I am thinking about upgrading my computer. I currently have a gateway DX4300-22 desktop. It has an AMD phenom II x4 810 2.6ghz processor and a ATI HD 5450 graphics card. I am planning to buy an AMD radeon 6950 2gb graphics card. I realize I need to upgrade my PSU to a one around 550-600.

Now, I realize that my processor will bottleneck my computer. However, I have only enough money for a PSU and graphics card update. I want to play the latest games (battlefield 3, GTA 4, Skyrim, Arkham city), at a resolution of 1600x900. I only have a Wii so I can’t play these games .

My other option is getting a PS3. I have never done a PC upgrade. Therefore I am stressed out that I will invest in all these expensive parts and in the end it won’t work in my PC due to size. So what do you guys think I should do?

Specifications, click to view:

My motherboard
My Desktop
Graphic's card planning to buy

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Ps if you can wait a bit I'd do it I feel graphics cards are finally coming down. You're processor is fine. Maybe a 7850 will be cheaper soon they are very power efficient.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Would strongly recommend that this be moved to the hardware section. if nothing else, you will get a lot more good advise on options there than you will here.