What to do with spare tires?

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
I have a set of 4 spare tires with stock rims that was salvaged from an accident of mine a few years ago. The tires are almost new and came from a 91 Accord LX. Does this have any value? Can I donate this? I'd rather get some $ off this, but most importantly, I just want them out.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Four "spare" tires? As in the limited service spare tires? Or do you mean that you have the set of four tires and wheels from the car that was wrecked? You ought to be able to sell them for $50 (unless they're alloy wheels) by placing an add in the paper or something. If they are alloy, you might be able to get $50 per wheel.

ZV

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
I have the real set of four tires from the car that was wrecked. They're non-alloy rims, so I'll post an ad in the paper for $50.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Just a helper, mention that they will be useful for persons who want a set of snow tires. It's much easier to just have a second set of junk steel wheels with snow tires on them instead of having to put snow tires on the car's normal wheels. At least, that would help me in Ohio.

ZV