What to do in Toronto?

CrypticStatic

Oct 10, 2007
I'll be in downtown Toronto for about a week and was wondering what is there to do while I'm there. Any particular restaurants or places of interest to go to?

Also, from what I understand they have an area where there are a lot of Portuguese and Brazilian shops and etc... Does anyone know where abouts this area is located?

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
Zanzibars on Younge

Edit: The art museum was cool. We also hung out by the lake and went to the head shops. THC (Toronto Hemp Co.) ad another one next door to that. I got an awesome pipe there. We also did a bit of bar hopping.

I want to go back to Toronto sometime. It was fun.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Juno
CN tower and jump on glass.

I hate you...and my friends that pushed me onto the glass floor. I have a pretty bad fear of heights in certain situations (I love roller coasters, for instance, since I know I'm strapped in and theoretically can't fall over) and I practically threw up. :p

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Go to Guelph (not a long drive) and visit the University of Guelph, the best university EVER

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Wouldn't a recommendation require knowledge of your taste? Give a little description of what you like then maybe recommendations can be made.
And no, I am no up for a drink, since I don't drink :)

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Little Portugal is commonly referred to as being located around the intersection of Bloor and Ossington, but this map is more accurate.

Toronto is a very large city so you will have to provide some guidance as to what you'd like to do. You can walk through Chinatown which is centred around Dundas and Spadina.

Queen St. W (from Queen/Yonge and headed westbound to about University) is the hip street to shop and be seen upon.

Starting at about King and University and heading westwards are a number of good Indian restaurants - I like Kama.

The club district of Toronto is enormous and can be traversed by foot by simply walking down Richmond St. between University and Spadina. Here's a quick guide.