What to buy from Amazon with gift cards

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by nsafreak, Nov 10, 2012.

1. nsafreak

nsafreak Diamond Member

Well I've been pondering & pondering but I just can't decide on what I'd really like to get from Amazon so I figured I'd open it up to suggestions. I've kindof narrowed it down to a PC peripheral but the real question is, which one?

The specs on my PC are in my signature, here are the peripherals that I have hooked in:

Logitech G15 keyboard
    Logitech G5 mouse
    Xbox 360 HD-DVD player
    Canon Pixma ip5000 printer
    Samsung ML-2165W laser printer
    SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones
    M-Audio Studiophile AV-30 speakers
    Belkin Nostromo N50
    Logitech Freedom 2.4 wireless joystick
    SteelSeries Qck mousepad

I thought about upgrading my home theater using it but it'd be a minor drop in the bucket since upgrading my speakers from my current Paradigm Atom v5 speakers would be well over what I want to spend. The item (or items) needs to be about $100 although a bit more can't hurt. Thanks for the suggestions.

2. nsafreak

nsafreak Diamond Member

No suggestions at all?

3. Blain

Blain Lifer

buy a monitor calibration device

4. nsafreak

nsafreak Diamond Member

That is an interesting thought but I'm not sure if it would be worth my while or not since I really don't do any intensive image or video processing. Any other suggestions?

5. ericloewe

ericloewe Senior member

I can suggest that you avoid Logitech keyboards and get something mechanical.

I can also tell you to avoid the 360 HD-DVD player, unless you have a large HD-DVD library. I only bought mine because it was cheaper than just the remote that's bundled with it.

I'd also avoid buying mousepads online, unless you're replacing a very similar model.