What to bring on a plane?

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
If you read my other thread, you would have learned my Grandpa died last Thursday and my Dad, Sister and I are flying out tomorrow in like, less than 10 hours ;) I already got the snacks (chips, gummy worms and Code Red + soda from the plane), a book to read and some music). Now, I'll probably get bored with all that, so what else should I bring? My mom took the laptop when she flew out Friday, so no movies for me :(
-- mrcodedude

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: nater
stick some c4 in your shoe and don't forget the matches!

That was in horrable taste joke or not. Go away.

CodeDude, I would bring a music player and some headphones. Then you can listen to the pilot talk to the controler. On the last trip I went on, the pilot asked to assend to a different altitude for a smooter flight, and we immedeatly hit what I would call insane turbulance. I am not joking when I sayy I got that "falling" feeling in my gut for 2-3 seconds. (same one you get frolm a drop on a rollercoaster) along with being tossed around in my seat. It wa the worst turbulance that I have ever felt. I for one thought it was cooler than hell. Other peole were freaking out.

The pilot radios that he is returning to the old altitiute because of worse turbulance. The controller asks how it bad it was (since I think they keep tabs ont hat stuff) and he said "moderate" I would hate to see severe.

But listining to that stuff is cool I think.

WileCoyote

Aug 4, 2000
this thread is in the gutter.

bring some computer magazines... thats what i always read. and starburst.. mmm... only for the plane...

thats about it.... bring some comfy clothes.

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
Originally posted by: nater
stick some c4 in your shoe and don't forget the matches!

That was in horrable taste joke or not. Go away.

CodeDude, I would bring a music player and some headphones. Then you can listen to the pilot talk to the controler. On the last trip I went on, the pilot asked to assend to a different altitude for a smooter flight, and we immedeatly hit what I would call insane turbulance. I am not joking when I sayy I got that "falling" feeling in my gut for 2-3 seconds. (same one you get frolm a drop on a rollercoaster) along with being tossed around in my seat. It wa the worst turbulance that I have ever felt. I for one thought it was cooler than hell. Other peole were freaking out.

The pilot radios that he is returning to the old altitiute because of worse turbulance. The controller asks how it bad it was (since I think they keep tabs ont hat stuff) and he said "moderate" I would hate to see severe.

But listining to that stuff is cool I think.
Hah, that would be bad if I hear them praying to Allah. ;) I hope they play a good movie during the flight :)
-- mrcodedude

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Ok, here's some advice.

1) Don't wear big shoes, or baggy clothes. If you do, you'll probably get picked for a "random" security inspection.
2) Don't take ANY sharp or points metallic objects with you. They'll get confiscated.
3) Take your cell phone, and a few magazines to read. Pack them on top, so they're easy to grab.
4) Don't overstuff your bag! It makes it a pain to stick it in the overhead bin, and the security folks might force you to check your baggage if it doesn't fit in the Sizewise. You want to try to keep that baggage with you, because some baggage handlers seem to like sending your luggage to the wrong plane out of spite :)

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MrCodeDude
If you read my other thread, you would have learned my Grandpa died last Thursday and my Dad, Sister and I are flying out tomorrow in like, less than 10 hours ;) I already got the snacks (chips, gummy worms and Code Red + soda from the plane), a book to read and some music). Now, I'll probably get bored with all that, so what else should I bring? My mom took the laptop when she flew out Friday, so no movies for me :(
-- mrcodedude

A Bible....