WHAT THE ......!!!!!!

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
lol my processor stock speed is 2200 with 1.25 voltage...

I OC it up to 2475... and it got unstable... i reduce the NB,, HT,,, Memory... to make sure non of those bother me... for now...

but i raise the voltage to 1.2625 to see if it works... only .01 power up... and the computer refuse to boot... i guess this processor is not so much of an overclocker...

maybe i should get a phenom II... i hear they are getting slightly better this time...

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
i have no idea what you just said.. please be more clear so we can at least try to help you

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
9500 crapnom...

by the way I installed other tool and this one show 1.3110 voltge at 2398 speed lol...

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
was thinking on pushing all the way 1.5 volt.. and see how much overclock i can get from the processor... i feel like having fun with the phenom I before getting the phenom II for this board...

one other thing... the phenom II for a ddr3 board isthe same for the ddr2 board.. i mean is the AM3 processor physically fittable in a AM2+ or there is a crappy version for AM2+

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
Phenoms suck.

/thread

Relative to what?

Being a non-mechanical device it would be impressive if phenoms were actually capable of creating an atmospheric pressure change that resulted in a net flux of gas molecules in the direction of the processor.

In a heated environment, typically the induced pressure gradient results in precisely the opposite effect (hot air expands).

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
2200MHz to 2475MHz is probably not a bad OC for a Phenom 9500.

For $100 that's not such a bad deal - make a really cheap encoding rig ...

Kraeoss

Jul 31, 2008
Originally posted by: Idontcare
Phenoms suck.

/thread

Relative to what?

Being a non-mechanical device it would be impressive if phenoms were actually capable of creating an atmospheric pressure change that resulted in a net flux of gas molecules in the direction of the processor.

In a heated environment, typically the induced pressure gradient results in precisely the opposite effect (hot air expands).

bwahahaha rofl almost fell over laughing here....

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005

Actually any processor will do this with a heatpipe cooler. You just have to be really small to fit inside a heat pipe to feel it. ;)

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Rubycon

Actually any processor will do this with a heatpipe cooler. You just have to be really small to fit inside a heat pipe to feel it. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F...eat_Pipe_Mechanism.png

The pressure gradient definitely favor the CPU as being the high-pressure side, even in a heatpipe. That's actually how heat transfer works in convection systems, the molecules that are "hot" diffuse more quickly (standard gas law stuff) resulting in a net flux to whatever regions are cooler (lower pressure). I'm quite positive you knew this though, so maybe you are just playing with me ;) :p

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Phenoms suck.

/thread

Relative to what?

I lol'd

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
Phenoms suck.

/thread

Relative to what?

:laugh:

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
hey guys is the board the one getting the heat... in asus probe is the MB meter in red... starange but it is... i open the case and leave it open and test with one fan in the NB heating and then switch the only little fan i have to the SB and nothing!!!! still getting the hot results... processor is 103 with the OC by the way...

Note: the processor was for around for a bit more than 200 bucks so long ago... and i mean long ago.. when the B2 stepping hit the shelves I think it was in the end of 2007, hm this processor is more than one year old lol!!!!! I want phenom II but with this mobo issue.... i am no longer sure...

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
ok i think this sensor is bug!!!!, i remove the cover of the case... change the thermal compound of the NB and add a fan to it.. and return to stock speed and the red heat issue still there 125... more than the processor LOL!!!!

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
http://i122.photobucket.com/al...elagato/Misc/temps.jpg

temps...

I think something in the last BIOS update mess up the sensor reading... because i touch with my finger tip the NB heatsink with the computer on... and i dont feel a heat like 134 F lol... it feels like 100 or 105...

the one around the pci and pcie connectors is hotter because they dotn have a heatsink at all lol...

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
Phenoms suck.

/thread

Relative to what?

so they don't suck, they blow? :D

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Spicedaddy
Phenoms suck.

/thread

Relative to what?

so they don't suck, they blow? :D

And they do it for cheap too ;)

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Phenoms slowly heat until they go *pop* and the immediate cooling of the chip and by association the nearby air causes a small scale vacuum, causing a "sucking" effect

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Rubycon

:confused:

You want me to stick what where? :eek: