Discussion What the Portland situation foretells: Election or No Election Trump will still be President!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Ofcourse it is corrupt. Did 2000 not tell you anything?

And you have to get in touch with reality.. we're not dealing with guys that care about the country anymore.. we're dealing with someone who cares about staying in power.. think Putin or Saddam Houssein or Robert Mugabe who had elections but everytime you knew it was a total farce.

I plan on voting but I have no faith in this so called democratic process anymore.
I am not out of touch with reality, that was a meritless assertion by you. I'm fully aware that Trump is a trainwreck and that we're in jeopardy.

You clearly have some faith in the democratic process or you wouldn't vote. I'm certainly voting and I haven't given up hope in the democratic process in the USA. We may see its death in the coming months but I'm hoping we don't.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I am not out of touch with reality, that was a meritless assertion by you. I'm fully aware that Trump is a trainwreck and that we're in jeopardy.

You clearly have some faith in the democratic process or you wouldn't vote. I'm certainly voting and I haven't given up hope in the democratic process in the USA. We may see its death in the coming months but I'm hoping we don't.

Like 45% the country is hoping it does though!

And it's not hyperbole anymore.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The plan seems increasingly clear. The Pennsylvania legislature is attempting to establish a special “election integrity” committee with extraordinary powers in case of disputes over the validity of the count.

Joe Biden wins the state by 400,000 votes. 150 flawed ballots are discovered in a suburban Philly precinct. The “election integrity” committee uses that as an excuse to invalidate the state results and asks the legislature to name the state’s presidential electors. And since the voters of PA clearly preferred Donald Trump by electing a Republican majority legislature, this legislature nominates Trump electors as a reflection of the "supposed" will of the people.

The alternate scenario, and one which would be so very 2020 Republican, is that the committee finds the results flawed based on right wing “poll watchers” disrupting suburban Philly ballot places with threats of violence.

This is my home state. My family is keeping me informed and already has plans to vote in person. And I agree, it's not hyperbole anymore.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The plan seems increasingly clear. The Pennsylvania legislature is attempting to establish a special “election integrity” committee with extraordinary powers in case of disputes over the validity of the count.

Joe Biden wins the state by 400,000 votes. 150 flawed ballots are discovered in a suburban Philly precinct. The “election integrity” committee uses that as an excuse to invalidate the state results and asks the legislature to name the state’s presidential electors. And since the voters of PA clearly preferred Donald Trump by electing a Republican majority legislature, this legislature nominates Trump electors as a reflection of the "supposed" will of the people.

The alternate scenario, and one which would be so very 2020 Republican, is that the committee finds the results flawed based on right wing “poll watchers” disrupting suburban Philly ballot places with threats of violence.

This is my home state. My family is keeping me informed and already has plans to vote in person. And I agree, it's not hyperbole anymore.

You're getting the firehose of falsehood. Unless you think Dems will lose the HOR, it's just GOP fapping. If competing slates of electors are created, the HOR chooses between them.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
At some point, Americans as a whole will have to take a stand and defend the principles of the representative government we inherited. You either stand and fight, or you become apathetic and those who are looking to steal the power to choose our government from us will succeed.

I think we now take Watergate for granted--back then our elected representatives and the state did what was necessary--in the end Nixon was forced to resign. But he got a free pass, and we moved on. Later, we found out that Nixon helped scuttle peace talks in Vietnam in order to win an election, and we didn't care. We let the Reagan administration get away with all kinds of crimes in Central and South America and we didn't care enough to ensure prosecution. We let Clinton off the hook, and lying under oath was no longer a big deal. There have been numerous other examples but the bottom line is we keep letting them get away with shit, so we can't act surprised when elected representatives take advantage of the leeway we give them. At some point it has to stop.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
At some point, Americans as a whole will have to take a stand and defend the principles of the representative government we inherited. You either stand and fight, or you become apathetic and those who are looking to steal the power to choose our government from us will succeed.

I think we now take Watergate for granted--back then our elected representatives and the state did what was necessary--in the end Nixon was forced to resign. But he got a free pass, and we moved on. Later, we found out that Nixon helped scuttle peace talks in Vietnam in order to win an election, and we didn't care. We let the Reagan administration get away with all kinds of crimes in Central and South America and we didn't care enough to ensure prosecution. We let Clinton off the hook, and lying under oath was no longer a big deal. There have been numerous other examples but the bottom line is we keep letting them get away with shit, so we can't act surprised when elected representatives take advantage of the leeway we give them. At some point it has to stop.

If you take Rome's example.. the abnormal became normal.

The Republic was replaced by Caesars.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Delayed the release of Iranian hostages.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

1. Don't panic.

2. Vote! Early and in person, if possible.

3. Volunteer to get out the vote — and consider focusing your efforts on Florida.

4. Volunteer to be an election protector.

5. Prepare yourself now for the post-election fight for all votes to be counted.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So.
If Trump and cRoonies manage to coup-steal this election.............. are you guys still Americans or is it something else at that point? You know, like "The former Soviet Union" kind of deal?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So.
If Trump and cRoonies manage to coup-steal this election.............. are you guys still Americans or is it something else at that point? You know, like "The former Soviet Union" kind of deal?

Muricans already. Soon to be Trumpanzees.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I mean, they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore:

eed6f44e583caefc0a6c8b96b834d7c6.jpg

Trumptards don’t get to talk about freedumb and liberty anymore. And what say you, Libertarians?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I mean, they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore:

eed6f44e583caefc0a6c8b96b834d7c6.jpg

Trumptards don’t get to talk about freedumb and liberty anymore. And what say you, Libertarians?
Imagine believing you're a constitutionalist patriot while at the same time believing that America should have a king. Yeah..

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Weird shirt. But at the same time same donnies comments made it clear he thought the president ruled like a king

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
Imagine believing you're a constitutionalist patriot while at the same time believing that America should have a king. Yeah..
These are the same sort of people that believe that Covid is simultaneously a hoax and caused by 5G or that man and dinosaurs shared the earth. Their bodies may be ravaged by cheeseburgers and beer but they have minds capable of feats that would put Olympic gymnasts to shame.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
These are the same sort of people that believe that Covid is simultaneously a hoax and caused by 5G or that man and dinosaurs shared the earth. Their bodies may be ravaged by cheeseburgers and beer but they have minds capable of feats that would put Olympic gymnasts to shame.

Unhealthy bodies lead to unhealthy minds.

May 13, 2009
I voted Trump. I wear a mask at all times because I believe covid is real and I treasure my good health.
I am half Asian. Not a white supremacist.
I also believe in climate change.

Still voted Trump because I believe the democratic party and it's ideals the biggest threat to our country and it's not even close. If we have a society where people are allowed to loot and riot and tear down the fabric of our society then we descend into chaos. No thanks. That's why Trump is going to win.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I voted Trump. I wear a mask at all times because I believe covid is real and I treasure my good health.

Still voted Trump because I believe the democratic party and ideals the biggest threat to our country and it's not even close. If we have a society where people are allowed to loot and riot and tear down the fabric of our society then we descend into chaos. No thanks. That's why Trump is going to win.

Hitler was half jewish, so can't be anti-semite.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Still voted Trump because I believe the democratic party and it's ideals the biggest threat to our country and it's not even close. If we have a society where people are allowed to loot and riot and tear down the fabric of our society then we descend into chaos. No thanks. That's why Trump is going to win.
You can be racist as F, which you've proven over and over with your posts here.

If you continue to deny people what they need to exist and feed their families the upheaval that will result will be on the order of the French Revolution. You and other "conservative" posters here have already entered the let them eat cake or we'll club them over the head phase. We have wealth inequality at levels seen before the French Revolution. Tax cuts for the rich and low wage jobs for everyone else (AKA what Trump has done) does lead to a happy ending.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You can be racist as F, which you've proven over and over with your posts here.

If you continue to deny people what they need to exist and feed their families the upheaval that will result will be on the order of the French Revolution. You and other "conservative" posters here have already entered the let them eat cake or we'll club them over the head phase. We have wealth inequality at levels seen before the French Revolution. Tax cuts for the rich and low wage jobs for everyone else (AKA what Trump has done) does lead to a happy ending.

The oligarchs are banking on social issues keeping the plebs busy while they finish looting the country then getting then fuck out. Shit man, they're not even in the country while the looting is happening

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Remember what I said in the OP...

Trump will "dominate us" with his federal troops.. or at the very least try.

We should come to terms with this.. the sooner the better!