Discussion What the Portland situation foretells: Election or No Election Trump will still be President!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I think the ‘coup’ will take place pre election and be in form of massive voter suppression, Storm Troopers at polling places “to secure the election” killing postal services and thus mail in voting, outright voting fraud and continuing to accept russian gru help both in form of direct influence of the gop and also via Ukraine conspiracy fantasies.
Its gonna be the most corrupt election ever.
He will win.
He will not be held accountable (by who? Barr? He is already giving the SC the middle finger)
Its just a matter of a few EO’ers and its Trump 2024 as well.
You think it is t happening.
Remember what you said wouldnt be happening back in 2016? Where you at now?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think the ‘coup’ will take place pre election and be in form of massive voter suppression, Storm Troopers at polling places “to secure the election” killing postal services and thus mail in voting, outright voting fraud and continuing to accept russian gru help both in form of direct influence of the gop and also via Ukraine conspiracy fantasies.
He will win.
He will not be held accountable (by who? Barr? He is already giving the SC the middle finger)

Do you get off on paranoia, or what? Are you even an American?

Reactions: jmagg and Muse

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Just like holding off Merrick Garland was paranoia?

Just like thinking Trump could be elected was paranoia?

Just like thinking a POTUS could openly defy the SCOTUS and the law was paranoia?

We're in it now over our heads.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You know I am not, never claimed to be, review my posting history it should be very obvious, did you catch my signature?
I voice my fears. Call it paranoia if that gets you off.

• Haha
Reactions: JockoJohnson

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

This is making me nervous.. swing voters favor Trump again.

“NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE “ - Bill Maher

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I'll take aggregated polls over a smattering of focus groups.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
He will win.

You seem to have forgotten 2018.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Question on absentee voting. One requests absentee ballot. They are now marked in the voter list as such. If they were to change their mind and wanted to vote in person, you can bring in your blank to vote in person. But what happens to the likely scenario that mail in ballots are delayed. How does one vote in person at this point?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Article says if. There are still some swing voters who will vote for Trump, doesn't say Trump is winning swing voters overall. If there are still people willing to vote for this disasterous dirtbag the country is doomed.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Article says if. There are still some swing voters who will vote for Trump, doesn't say Trump is winning swing voters overall. If there are still people willing to vote for this disasterous dirtbag the country is doomed.

Its a death cult.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Fox News has laid the groundwork for President Donald Trump to steal the election — and get away with it, according to a political scientist.

Rachel Bitecofer, an election analyst and senior adviser to the Lincoln Project, told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that right-wing media had created an alternate reality that gave Trump's allies permission to believe he was saving democracy by stealing the election.

"Here's the thing you guys need to understand and America needs to understand," Bitecofer said. "I've been talking about this for a while, you can see this if you watch any of the congressional testimonies. In Republican world, it is they that are defending the institutional purity. Bill Barr is American hero, OK?"

"There's an information ecosystem that is different than what everybody else in America is digesting, and in it, Trump is, what he's doing — and this is how all dictators rise, right? — he's on a freedom crusade, and none of this information is getting through. They never will listen to the [Bob] Woodward tapes, they never read the Mueller report. They listen to Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity's version of these documents and they have constructed an alternative reality that started in the Jim Jordan part of the party but goes through the rank and file now, and that is a key feature."

No matter what actions Trump might take to corrupt the election, Fox News viewers believe he is, in fact, taking a defensive action against supposed Democratic corruption, Bitecofer said.

"They're not looking and thinking about it and navigating it through the mentality that we are doing," she said. "They think what they're doing is saving America. They think that [Barack] Obama and the Russia investigation was the power grab. They think they're resetting American institutions into purity by what they're doing."

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If Trump refuses to step down after losing the anarchy you've seen is nothing. It will be blood in the streets, national guard, then the military, fire in the major cities, insurrection like you've never seen in America unabated until Trump quits the White House.

Anyway, I don't expect this to happen. Why? The women will save us. Them and the blacks and other minorities. Women lean to Biden majorly compared to the men. Encourage all the women you know to vote vote vote. Tell the men to forget it, just take a TV or beer or Netflix holiday. Polling is amazing. Women vs men vis a vis the POTUS election lean 20% left of the men. Damn. I never want to see another man. Men, you should be ashamed of your gender. What is it with the guys? Dumbass creepos.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Fox News has laid the groundwork for President Donald Trump to steal the election — and get away with it, according to a political scientist.

Rachel Bitecofer, an election analyst and senior adviser to the Lincoln Project, told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that right-wing media had created an alternate reality that gave Trump's allies permission to believe he was saving democracy by stealing the election.

"Here's the thing you guys need to understand and America needs to understand," Bitecofer said. "I've been talking about this for a while, you can see this if you watch any of the congressional testimonies. In Republican world, it is they that are defending the institutional purity. Bill Barr is American hero, OK?"

"There's an information ecosystem that is different than what everybody else in America is digesting, and in it, Trump is, what he's doing — and this is how all dictators rise, right? — he's on a freedom crusade, and none of this information is getting through. They never will listen to the [Bob] Woodward tapes, they never read the Mueller report. They listen to Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity's version of these documents and they have constructed an alternative reality that started in the Jim Jordan part of the party but goes through the rank and file now, and that is a key feature."

No matter what actions Trump might take to corrupt the election, Fox News viewers believe he is, in fact, taking a defensive action against supposed Democratic corruption, Bitecofer said.

"They're not looking and thinking about it and navigating it through the mentality that we are doing," she said. "They think what they're doing is saving America. They think that [Barack] Obama and the Russia investigation was the power grab. They think they're resetting American institutions into purity by what they're doing."
Right-wing authoritarians only respect whomever they consider to be a rightful authority figure. And when right-wing authoritarians respect that authority figure, they will do so until their own death if asked.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Ballots? Who needs ballots, we've found our leader, dear leader. Pay no taxes, it's OK. Denigrate everyone we've ever heard of, we revel in your hubris. Brush them all aside, what a spectacle! Pass the potato chips, honey, grab me another beer...

Never Mind the Ballots

Reactions: UNCjigga

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

PA will vote for Trump no matter what apparently
I have to think this would be challenged in the courts and nullified if determined to be sabotaging a legitimate outcome. Well, I'd hope that. How could it not be unless the judicial process itself was corrupt?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I have to think this would be challenged in the courts and nullified if determined to be sabotaging a legitimate outcome. Well, I'd hope that. How could it not be unless the judicial process itself was corrupt?

Ofcourse it is corrupt. Did 2000 not tell you anything?

And you have to get in touch with reality.. we're not dealing with guys that care about the country anymore.. we're dealing with someone who cares about staying in power.. think Putin or Saddam Houssein or Robert Mugabe who had elections but everytime you knew it was a total farce.

I plan on voting but I have no faith in this so called democratic process anymore.