Discussion What the Portland situation foretells: Election or No Election Trump will still be President!

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

What Trump is doing in Portland "may go beyond what is lawful"? YA THINK?

The media is still equivocating as US citizens on US soil are being disappeared by secret police. But it seems more and more that Portland is a test run to get the kinks out before the goon squads are set loose nationwide. We still don't know who these "federal agents" are.

They seem disorganized and even afraid, so my guess is that they are white supremacist groups who have been welcomed into the fold and given a chance to live out their wet dreams.

I have a feeling there isn't going to be an election in November. At the very least there will be a major intimidation of where you're going to get hurt, teargassed or even shot while showing up to vote in November. Or somehow if there is by a miracle a fair election that isn't rigged, the result will be the same: Trump ain't goin' nowhere.

This isn't wait for 4 more years to have the next Republican President.. this is them showing us they're playing for the scorched earth us or them endgame now. Trump will "dominate us" with his federal troops.. or at the very least try.

We should come to terms with this.. the sooner the better!

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There's going to be unethical and even repressive behavior from Trump in relation to this election. But there's going to be an election. I fail to see how wallowing in doom and defeatism is an exercise worth undertaking right now.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There's going to be unethical and even repressive behavior from Trump in relation to this election. But there's going to be an election. I fail to see how wallowing in doom and defeatism is an exercise worth undertaking right now.
If I may be so bold???
I think we will be having a Funeral for the president if he obviously steals the election....either he will have a heart attack or a Patriot will act.....

Reactions: Muse

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

The media is still equivocating as US citizens on US soil are being disappeared by secret police. But it seems more and more that Portland is a test run to get the kinks out before the goon squads are set loose nationwide. We still don't know who these "federal agents" are.

They seem disorganized and even afraid, so my guess is that they are white supremacist groups who have been welcomed into the fold and given a chance to live out their wet dreams.

It's Erik Prince's mercenary thugs.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
If I may be so bold???
I think we will be having a Funeral for the president if he obviously steals the election....either he will have a heart attack or a Patriot will act.....

If you think the military will help us.. that is folly, I think we are going to get a lesson in how loyal they are to Trump.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If you think the military will help us.. that is folly I think we are going to get a lesson in how loyal they are to Trump.
I did not mention the military! I was being vague on purpose! Why? Because i do not want to be seen or assumed as somebody wanting something bad to happen to Trump!
But as obese as he is, a heart attack would not be out of the question....

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well, I look at the trail of corruption where Trump and his cronies have taken the nation and then I look at who their enablers are, who their supporters are that either loudly support their corruption with nonsensical reasoning derived from whatever conservative media spin machine they're relying on or stay silent about it, I don't know which is worse really.

I stood back from it all to take a logical assessment of their situation and found that there is no sound logic that supports why the Repubs seem to accept the way things are with their criminally corrupted leadership yet would scream to bloody hell if the Democrats would have ever behaved in even the slightest similar fashion.

Hyper-sensitive against the liberals and their evil plots to enact medicare for all, better job opportunities for the working class, infrastructure improvements and upgrades that benefit everyone, etc. yet unbelievably, unbelievably tolerant of the malfeasance and blatant violations of the rule of law, ethics and morals their own leaders purport to be advocates of.

Twisted logic gone ballistic.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

I have a feeling there isn't going to be an election in November. At the very least there will be a major intimidation of where you're going to get hurt, teargassed or even shot while showing up to vote in November. Or somehow if there is by a miracle a fair election that isn't rigged, the result will be the same: Trump ain't goin' nowhere.

This isn't wait for 4 more years to have the next Republican President.. this is them showing us they're playing for the scorched earth us or them endgame now. Trump will "dominate us" with his federal troops.. or at the very least try.

We should come to terms with this.. the sooner the better!

The Constitution is extremely clear on this.

Whether there's an election or not, the terms of the President and Vice President are extremely specific.

If those terms expire, and there's no election, then I guess a few people will have to get used to saying Madam President Pelosi.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Whether there's an election or not, the terms of the President and Vice President are extremely specific.

If those terms expire, and there's no election, then I guess a few people will have to get used to saying Madam President Pelosi.
But what’s to stop the EC from doing some funny business?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump will depress the vote on the following fronts.

Slow down mail so mail-in ballots don't arrive in time.
Cut COVID funding in major cities so virus spikes and people are afraid to vote in person.
Federal thugs at polling places.
Standard Republican voter suppression like closing polling places in minority districts, last minute changes to voting rules.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Cut COVID funding in major cities so virus spikes and people are afraid to vote in person.
Standard Republican voter suppression like closing polling places in minority districts, last minute changes to voting rules.
I agree that it is likely he will attempt to deploy federal troops at polling stations to intimidate people. I’m not sure if it will work.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

And that's just their expected fare, wonder what Puti & the boys have in store?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think what happened in the DC protests is illustrative. Once they figured out Trump's game, Esper & Milley disarmed the Guard & declined to deploy regular troops on the streets. Milley apologized for being a part of the clusterfuck at the church-

Reactions: Starbuck1975

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
That's ridiculous.

Normally you'd think patriots would be rewarded and criminals punished.. now you have Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Mike Flynn being given rewards and Vindman, Taylor and many others being punished.

Ridiculous is not just normal, its par for the course now as we're back in the dark ages!

• Love
Reactions: iRONic

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Some people never seem to get over disappointment or the anticipation there of.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Actually, it won't be her...or anyone else in the House since they're all up for re-election and if the election doesn't happen, the House is empty.

Part of the Senate will still have Senators, as those members are between their own election cycles.

So the question is who would the line of succession fall to? Certainly not McConnell as he's up for re-election, and since there's no election, he ceases to be a Senator.

so the answer is? No one is sure....the Constitution is rather hazy on this particular subject since no one ever considered a presidental election being called off.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Actually, it won't be her...or anyone else in the House since they're all up for re-election and if the election doesn't happen, the House is empty.

Part of the Senate will still have Senators, as those members are between their own election cycles.

So the question is who would the line of succession fall to? Certainly not McConnell as he's up for re-election, and since there's no election, he ceases to be a Senator.

so the answer is? No one is sure....the Constitution is rather hazy on this particular subject since no one ever considered a presidental election being called off.

You're assuming that ALL elections will be canceled. My thinking is that only the presidential general election would be canceled. House Members and senators would still be elected at the state level, dog catchers and coroners would still be elected at the county level.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
If the active military doesn't, the vets will. And there are a lot of us, that believe that the oath we took never expires.

#MarinesAgainstTrump
With a few exceptions, even though active duty and veterans traditionally tend to lean Republican, I can’t imagine any scenario where Trump loses the election and they stand with him. Not going to happen.