Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
leg_wtf.png

Back of the thigh, under the butt cheek about 6"

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Seriously, though, I'd get that checked out.

The irregular edges would have me nervous.

Spydermag68

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2002
it could be a vain ulcer. It is where the skin does not heal right, gets a rough edge and the skin gets real thin. It can grow and become really painful.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
I don't know but after zooming in and enhancing with my patented CSI zoomtasmotron which is several orders of magnitude more powerful than the best electron microscope I was able to finally see the strange strings of string theory and although I'm unable to post pics at this time because the patent is only pending I can say this. The strings spelled out: See a dermatologist because atot will just post joke responses.

TLDR foreshortened shortsighted circles: I think it might be an infection, of unspecified classification and unknown origin.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
No kidding. Don't dick around here Howard. See a doctor.
My brother had an unusual sore on his leg, turned out to be non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
His GP sent him right away to the oncologist. He has been clear for 10 years now.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Isn't there a dermatologists forum out there you could post this to? They might (definitely) have more insight into what it is between now and when you get an appointment with one in person.

There's a forum for everything out there. Of course this will be your first post there and they might ask who were you before you were banned but you can just ignore the paranoid troll posters you wouldn't want their badvice anyway.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
I would watch it for about week and track the changes. If it doesn't get better, see a dermatologist.

I will probably get skin cancer due to heredity and this is what my dermatologist advised.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I think I had something like that before. Could have used Neosporin or something, but I would consult a doctor.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
pull your pants down in front of coworkers ( position yourself so they can't escape ) and ask 'should i be worried about this?'

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
It may have just been a boil that's healing up. When did you first notice it and what was its' condition then?

If you don't have a deep abscess that needs to be cut & removed, I'd try using triple antibiotic ointment on it to see if it heals up on its own.

If you don't see improvement in a day or so you may need to do a course of antibiotics to knock it out. I'm more of a fan of the topical approach because if it's not badly infected (feels hot to the touch & sore), it's probably on the mend.

Bumps on the leg are often caused by either sweating + heat + bacteria getting into hair follicles or pores...then getting infected. Women have more problems than men because they shave their legs and often nick themselves without realizing it....that gives MRSA and other similar bacteria an opportunity to dig in and cause bad infections that require serious antibiotics. Avoid taking these whenever possible.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
It may have just been a boil that's healing up. When did you first notice it and what was its' condition then?
Last night. That when was I took the picture.

No pain, imperceptibly itchy (or sometimes not at all). Skin is somewhat hard. Not "peelable".