what the hell is a FRAT BOY?

Jun 14, 2003
been watchin a film (butterfly effect)

and the word frat boy comes up

also frat house

now im not american.....so can u guys tell me what the hell a frat boy is?

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
fraternity is a brotherhood thing at university. you pay for friends, kind of ;)

frat boy is one of the frat citizens or whatever you call them.

frat house is a house they live in

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer

also frat house

now im not american.....so can u guys tell me what the hell a frat boy is?

someone who is really insecure, needs to get chix drunk beyond belief to get laid, is shallow and dummerdanadoornob

jc

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001

also frat house

now im not american .....so can u guys tell me what the hell a frat boy is?

Clearly =).

From urbandictionary:
A college kid who thinks he's better than everyone else because he is in a fraternity. Some college kids are frat boys even though they aren't in a fraternity. Frat boy behaviour is typified by drinking beer, hitting on high school girls, making fun of punks, and wearing boring clothes.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
At American colleges there are "fraternities", wherin a bunch of guys (to put it roughly) get a well-funded group together for the purposes of creating a more social environment. (read: throwing parties). They also have the benefit of helping network people... get jobs for them after school, find tutoring or study groups. These "frats" are named with greek letters and the whole 'scene' is referred to as "greek or greek life" Multiple chapters of the same frats can exist around different schools.

The requirements for getting into many frats usually involve hazing and casting out some less desirable people. Because of this some look at frats as snobby, preppy, and a bunch of rich kids getting together to miss the point of college.

The female equivlent is a sorority.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
also they must drive a lifted truck. wardrobe by abercrombie is essential, along with a baseball cap with the front worn off (but by a guy in pakistan with a belt sander, not the actual wearer). bonus points for poor hygiene and a ragged haircut.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Injury
At American colleges there are "fraternities", wherin a bunch of guys (to put it roughly) get a well-funded group together for the purposes of creating a more social environment. (read: throwing parties). They also have the benefit of helping network people... get jobs for them after school, find tutoring or study groups. These "frats" are named with greek letters and the whole 'scene' is referred to as "greek or greek life" Multiple chapters of the same frats can exist around different schools.

The requirements for getting into many frats usually involve hazing and casting out some less desirable people. Because of this some look at frats as snobby, preppy, and a bunch of rich kids getting together to miss the point of college.

Not true, not all are named with greek letters. there are the exceptions to that.

MIKE

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1

Not true, not all are named with greek letters. there are the exceptions to that.

MIKE

Examples:
Ei Phelta Thi
Hu Delta Phart
Tappa Kegga Bru

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
*Waits for frat boy to come in and argue that they're not elitist drunks by claiming that everyone is jealous of them*

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: AccruedExpenditure

also frat house

now im not american .....so can u guys tell me what the hell a frat boy is?

Clearly =).

From urbandictionary:
A college kid who thinks he's better than everyone else because he is in a fraternity. Some college kids are frat boys even though they aren't in a fraternity. Frat boy behaviour is typified by drinking beer, hitting on high school girls, making fun of punks, and wearing boring clothes.

hahahahaha thats the best definition ever soooo true

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1

MIKE

Examples:
Ei Phelta Thi
Hu Delta Phart
Tappa Kegga Bru

or maybe, Farmhouse, Acacia. which are two here at purdue. but also are at many other colleges.

MIKE

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I am a brother in a fraternity. The term "frat boy" implies that, however it also implies alot of negative stereotypes.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: bradruth
*Waits for frat boy to come in and argue that they're not elitist drunks by claiming that everyone is jealous of them*

sure, i'll do it.

i can see that many think that frat boys are just elitist bastards. and i'm sure that it was some dumbass that made you think that by being an arrogant prick. well, those types of people are the exception, not the norm. my fraternity was far from being elitists but we were certified drunks.
we drank on any day that ended in "y" and could care less if someone else who was outside the fraternity joined us. i would find it hard to believe that someone would be "jealous" of us too. the shithole house that we lived in was nothing to covet, nor were our cars, clothes and social skills for that matter.

you can brand me with the stigma of "paying for friends" but it was to have huge parties not because i needed a group of guys i could call friends.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
It's sad that so many people think so negatively about Frats, and yet most have never even been in one.