What the hell are User Ratings??

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Dear Fluffy Bunnies, I've just now found out about User Ratings..... :confused:

Thanks to this
thread. So, there just a rating system? Is that it? Or is a game to see who can get the lowest / highest rating?

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
im gonna go out on a limb here.. no. i wont even. get creative.

wtf man. get some sleep.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Yes Virginia, there is a ratings system. It was designed to be used in conjunction with FS/FT as a way to rate other traders.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Yes Virginia, there is a ratings system. It was designed to be used in conjunction with FS/FT as a way to rate other traders.

Well, I've never sold anything nor posted a hot deals or for sale/for trade ad. Thus, why am I even rated?? :confused:
The plot thickens........

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Well, I've never sold anything nor posted a hot deals or for sale/for trade ad. Thus, why am I even rated??

It is another opportunity for other users to dis you.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: TourGuide
Well, I've never sold anything nor posted a hot deals or for sale/for trade ad. Thus, why am I even rated??

It is another opportunity for other users to dis you.

Thats not very nice.... :(

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
I have a dream of a day where people will be judged not on their user ratings, but on the content of their posts.

I have a dream today.

Cheers!
Nate

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000

Well, I've never sold anything nor posted a hot deals or for sale/for trade ad. Thus, why am I even rated?? :confused:
You're #1 in my book!

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: werk

You're #1 in my book!

Awww..... :eek:

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: werk

You're #1 in my book!

Awww..... :eek:
No--it means he gave you a "1" for your rating :p .

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
The rating system wouldn't be pointless if people took it seriously (which almost noone does)
Exactly. In theory, only the traders were supposed to turn it on(since it's optional, after all), but it's turned in to more of a general user rating system, which isn't helped by the fact that it's easily abused(ex: even if only the traders had it on, anyone could rate them, unlike say eBay which requires a transaction).

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
The rating system wouldn't be pointless if people took it seriously (which almost noone does)
Exactly. In theory, only the traders were supposed to turn it on(since it's optional, after all), but it's turned in to more of a general user rating system, which isn't helped by the fact that it's easily abused(ex: even if only the traders had it on, anyone could rate them, unlike say eBay which requires a transaction).

I believe its on by default isnt it?

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999

I believe its on by default isnt it?
*shrug*
You tell me, I haven't created a user account here in more than 5 years.:Q

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
It's a measurement, in inches, of how long your ePenis is. Not unlike 3DMark scores.

- M4H
Oh that's easy for you to say; you've got a 9.40" monster right now.:p

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
It's a measurement, in inches, of how long your ePenis is. Not unlike 3DMark scores.

- M4H
Oh that's easy for you to say; you've got a 9.40" monster right now.:p

9.36 now, haha. and NO i didn't do it! someone else did.