What the heck is a socket error?

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
A friend of mine just called me looking for help with a socket error, on his system he is running WinXP

I have nerver seen one??

Anyone here know what it is

Thanks for any info you might have

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Renob
A friend of mine just called me looking for help with a socket error.

I have nerver seen one??

Anyone here know what it is

Thanks for any info you might have

Broken condom?

-Xionide

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Broken condom?

OMG your so funnnnnny
rolleye.gif

Beattie

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
It's a network communication error. A socket is an endpoint for network communication.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
It's a network communication error. A socket is an endpoint for network communication.

Thanks Beattie

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Need more info to say what the actual problem is. How about telling us where the error came from? What app? What was he doing at the time? What was he trying to do? What was the exact error? etc... What you told us is like saying that your car is broke. Not very useful.

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Need more info to say what the actual problem is. How about telling us where the error came from? What app? What was he doing at the time? What was he trying to do? What was the exact error? etc... What you told us is like saying that your car is broke. Not very useful.

My car is broken and I don't feel like paying for the repair bill. Can you guys help me out?? ;)

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Don't get pissed at him, you should expect such answers ewhen you post in the wrong forum!

I did not get pissed, I just thought it was a very lame post.

Just like yours, also why should I expect answers like that he was not trying to help

If you cant help, there is no need to reply