What.The.Crap.

Dec 28, 2001
Alright - I bought some stuff at this e-retail - I didn't know much about them so I thought, hey, what he heck and ordered something (gloves and jacket) on 1/15/'07. For several weeks nothing comes - but my bank statement shows that the funds were withdrawn by them on 1/17: After a couple of weeks, I give them a call, and talk to someone - they say "they're waiting on the gloves" - it's only been a few weeks, so I wait. on 2/14/'07, I call again. This time, they say "oh, it's the jacket".

At this time, I'm a bit annoyed. I thought I'd just ask them to cancel the order, and call it a day. Well, a few days later(2/16), I check by account - nothing's been put in by them - I give them a call and say, hey, what gives? They guy on the phone says it's been sent to processing - and he will go up there and tell them to put it through.

Well, it's the 21st, and nothing still. Am I being antsy here, or should I contact the BBB about this?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Witholding comment about entitlement mentality.

But still, just cancel the order and do a chargeback. Call them first.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Atheus
Originally posted by: spidey07

He bought something... I would say he is entitled to it.

It's barely been a month!

I do give OP tons of credit for actually picking up the phone and doing something about it.

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Atheus

He bought something... I would say he is entitled to it.

Well. to play devil's advocate against my OP, that's my conflict - usually shipping says that it would take 4~6 weeks to arrive - everyhting else I've ordered arrived within a week, two at tops. The reason I cancelled the order was not just hat - they guy on the phone, when I called the second time (this was when they said that the jacket's out as well), had an attitude and said to me, "it's not our fault, it's the supplier's"; that's what irked me - that may be true, but who's taking my money? The suppliers directly? :|

As far as the shipment's concerned, fine. Whatever. I cancelled the order. But is it justifiable for them to take over 6 days now to process a refund? And yes, in my infinite genius I've used my debit card, not a credit card. :|

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
It's illegal to charge you for something if it hasn't been shipped yet. At least in many places that's the law.

Assuming you paid with a Credit Card, just call up the CC company and dispute the charge and then don't worry about it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Do you have a refund?

Sometimes things get messed up. Your use of the telephone is to be commended and applauded rather than trying to whine behind a computer screen (not a slam, more of a compliment). You will most likely never do business there again no matter what the deal is. So in the end everything worked out.

Dec 28, 2001
Do you have a refund?

Sometimes things get messed up. Your use of the telephone is to be commended and applauded rather than trying to whine behind a computer screen (not a slam, more of a compliment). You will most likely never do business there again no matter what the deal is. So in the end everything worked out.

No. I called them on the 15th of this month and asked them to do so, and nothing so far. I just sent them an email, and I know they're closed after 5 Pacific time. I'm hoping I'm just being antsy but I'm worried that there's a correlation of business function and service at this @#*&^ store.