What tactic will bushy boy employ to gain us back?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
I'm not a betting man, but I'm willing to guess another "terror threat" of some sort (read into that what you will) will suddenly pop up in American faces. It is my hope that I am wrong, I would be more than happy if so, but I have lost all confidence in our president. Anyone think the same? Comments are welcomed. :)

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Do you really think all these terror threats are being ?created? by Bush and company for political reasons?

He must be damn good to get England to arrest all those people trying to blow up planes.
Or Germany to arrest those people trying to attack our air bases.
Etc etc

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Do you really think all these terror threats are being ?created? by Bush and company for political reasons?

He must be damn good to get England to arrest all those people trying to blow up planes.
Etc etc

I said nothing about past terror threats.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Dubya and the Repugs have kept us safe for so long, how could you choose anyone else? LOL

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre
2nd term. He doesn't need to worry about approval ratings anymore.

Well not necessarily approval ratings, but to squelch opposition in either congress/radio/protests. That sort of thing.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Right now, I think GWB&co is more a captive of the script he wrote. With events being very much a three edged sword. On one hand any number of the policies he has launched could turn to shit big time and the chickens will come home to roost, take the sword and cut off his legs at least lame duck high. To some extent that is already happening but not big time yet. But if things really turn to shit we could be talking removal from office and jailed.

On the other hand some totally external event beyond GWB&co. control could occur and the same sword may bludgeon the opponents of GWB&co as GWB suddenly looks to be right all along. Or GWB could even suddenly turns Iraq around. But more likely it would be another 911 that forces the country to rally around the President.

But the third edge of the sword is the flat edge sledge hammer of go for broke by starting some big new gamble. Something like bomb Iran or put boots on the ground in Pakistan. The big gambles GWB&co can make are still somewhat infinite and only limited by the fantasies we have already seen from the decider.

Why does that third possibility scare the damn hell out of me?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Lemon law
or put boots on the ground in Pakistan

Is that a GWB&co idea or a Democratic Party idea?

Edwards

Obama

Just like the run up to the current Iraqi occupation quagmire, one can point out that both democrats and republicans engaged in childish verbal statements that later proved to be not true. But in the final analysis, only the escalation from word will never hurt me to stick and stones break bones remains the acid test.

I also point out that this thread is supposed to be about what GWB will do and they are currently in office. In terms of Obama and Edwards, its not really time to really start worrying about what they MIGHT do because to do a damn thing they have to first get the party nod and then win the general election. Already in office largely trumps might get elected in the worry about idiots department.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Hmmm, 70% (out of the voters) believe that it is possible. Thats not really good news for this administration.

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005

Etc etc

Come on ProfJohn, morons who post stuff like the OP are just the type to believe exactly that. They have gone far beyond on the reason and straight into stupid. Unfortunately there is no limit to stupid, as such you can fit a whole bunch of his ilk in there.

I guess troll posts like his are in fashion with this place

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

there's no way you can convince me that Bush wasn't using the terror threat alert levels to generate hype during the 2004 election.

but back to the OP... you make it sound like Bush cares about opinion polls. after his reelection, he stopped giving a shit what you, I, congress, or anyone who's not a "loyal bushie" think.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Shivetya

Etc etc

Come on ProfJohn, morons who post stuff like the OP are just the type to believe exactly that. They have gone far beyond on the reason and straight into stupid. Unfortunately there is no limit to stupid, as such you can fit a whole bunch of his ilk in there.

If you haven't any input on the thread itself please find another place to troll. ty :)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

Etc etc

If you haven't any input on the thread itself please find another place to troll. ty :)
Can you please add a "I don't wear tinfoil pajamas to bed" option so that I can vote appropriately?

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: palehorse74

Etc etc

Can you please add a "I don't wear tinfoil pajamas to bed" option so that I can vote appropriately?

you guys live in your own little world, don't you? every insult has something to do with tinfoil and you're all under the delusion of unwavering patriotism and correctness and in accordance with what those in power are telling you. it's like you think the phrase "absolute power corrupts absolutely" is bullshit or something.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The problem with the left-wingers is they see this as a board game. So long as it doesn't affect them, of course.

There's nothing funny about a terrorist attack.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: eits

Etc etc

you guys live in your own little world, don't you? every insult has something to do with tinfoil and you're all under the delusion of unwavering patriotism and correctness and in accordance with what those in power are telling you. it's like you think the phrase "absolute power corrupts absolutely" is bullshit or something.
Do you keep a little book of quotes next to your desk, or something? If so, good for you... I'm sure it will help you pass 12th grade English next year!

I sincerely believe that any conpiracy theories that the Admin has created terror threats out of thin air, for the sole purpose of generating votes, are total and complete bullsh*t.

I also believe that anyone who believes in those theories is a whacked out nutjob who should be sent to live the rest of their lives eating jello in a padded cell.

is that you?

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: eits

Etc etc

You can always call him a "fascist." That seems to be your pat insult around here.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
The problem with the left-wingers is they see this as a board game. So long as it doesn't affect them, of course.

I don't play sides, neither left nor right. I don't call you or anyone else left nor right. In order to have a "game" you have to have two sides. Your insistence on left and right obviously shows what you think it is....a GAME.

No one is remotely close to laughing about a terrorist attack.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
What is there to gain back?

Never in the entire history of the world has support for a war been regained - after the initial enthusiasm waned,
and people have had time to think and evaluate the situation on their own personal terms,
without hearing the constant bombardment of 'Patriot' hyperactivity.

Paranoia can only take this Administration and the GOP so far.

Hey! All you lemmings - come over here!

. . . by the cliff.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I'm not a betting man, but I'm willing to guess another "terror threat" of some sort (read into that what you will) will suddenly pop up in American faces. It is my hope that I am wrong, I would be more than happy if so, but I have lost all confidence in our president. Anyone think the same? Comments are welcomed. :)

I don't think Bush/Cheney care about public opinion.. I'd be more concerned that they might actually stage something in order to retain power past the Constitutional limit.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
It's over for bush. Even he has thrown in the towel. Rove's departure is evidence of the fact that the administration has just given up on actively doing anything and is now entirely faith based in it's approach to Iraq.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Kadarin

I don't think Bush/Cheney care about public opinion.. I'd be more concerned that they might actually stage something in order to retain power past the Constitutional limit.

given their neocon agenda and how it's being played out, especially in the midde east, i'd say your comment has alot of truth in it.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster

Fake terrorist alerts and the made up threat of fake attacks are even less funny. Maybe criminal? What oath did you swear to brown-nose Bush and not serve the country first?