What store has the largest selection of cell phone batteries?

skeedo

Nov 29, 2004
The battery on my Galaxy J7 is pooin' the bed, goin through a real struggle trying to find a new one since it's not a hugely popular phone. Found one on eBay but won't be here till the end of next week, nothing on Amazon that's primeable. Not able to really google much of where I could buy a replacement battery locally. Dumbfounded that Best Buy doesn't even carry cell phone batteries because that's where I bought the phone.

??

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
How desperate are you? If Staples or Radio Shack has it, it's likely to be really expensive, but they're easy enough to check from the comfort of your Web browser and their B&M stores are pretty ubiquitous (is that an oxymoron?:D) I have no clue if Microcenter or Fry's carry cell phone batteries at all, but they might, if either of those is handy... Target, maybe even??

But I have to say, I'm only (very) mildly surprised that Best Buy doesn't carry them at all. Dunno about years ago, but it has seemed to me for quite a while that they carry a very narrow selection of usually overpriced, high-margin "accessories" for pretty much everything they sell (e.g., they certainly carry plenty of overpriced phone cases, low(er) end earbuds, and mostly mediocre USB chargers.) Not that I really blame them. Except for things I think there's a reasonable chance I might want to return, it doesn't make me buy from them when I can get significantly better prices online or anything, but realistically, competition from e-tailers is making brick & mortar retailing ever more cutthroat every month, so it's only realistic that they're gonna do what they gotta do to maximize profit-per-square-foot, or however they measure that sort of thing...

Last edited:

skeedo

Nov 29, 2004
Fairly desperate. I found one on eBay but it will take at least a week to get here. Phone will hold a charge to about 75% then starts dropping dramatically. Also afraid of explosions, ha. I figure if I could find one locally I'll have a spare when eBay one gets here. Do have a couple Batteries Plus near me, the one store said they would need to order it and it would take a week :(

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Would a different Samsung battery work? They're pretty much all the same aside from shape. Stick it in, and wedge with paper as necessary.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
This is a half-assed solution, but a not-too-physically-large, not too-overpriced USB power bank would probably be a lot easier to find locally, and then you'd have it for general use once you get the replacement battery itself...

Reactions: lxskllr

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
If time is of the essence.. sort your sellers by distance from you. That could easily have been 3 day shipping for a couple more dollars.