What size is your fonts set at?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Do you have to set your font to a larger size when you view websites? Or in general do you view them at a larger size? If so, what is your age and if you wear glasses does it help?

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
All my windows stuff is at 8 point, and I just use the default for web pages. I have used zoom a few times in FF but mostly to zoom out. I am 24, no vision correction. Monitor is a 19" LCD at 1280x1024, btw.

If you are having trouble viewing text on web pages, and use Firefox, press "Ctrl"+"+" to zoom in. This works on all text in well-coded websites, unfortunately, there are tons of poorly coded websites...

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
What happens is I can read the text for a few minutes and then I'll start having to squint in order to see. I have contact lenses. I think it has to do with my eyes getting dry. I'm going to try glasses hopefully after I visit my doctor.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Do you have an LCD or CRT? My ex girlfriend had the same problem with her contacts, she even had to wear her glasses to drive at night. She had a 17" CRT, and it would do the same thing, and even plenty of blinking could not fix the problem. Of course, her solution was not to stare at a computer screen longer than an hour or so. How I envied her self control. :p

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Normal on Opera, whatever that is? 10 or 12.

14.1" laptop LCD WXGA+ (1440x900) which is the PERFECT resolution.

Mucho

Oct 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Captain Howdy
All my windows stuff is at 8 point, and I just use the default for web pages. I have used zoom a few times in FF but mostly to zoom out. I am 24, no vision correction. Monitor is a 19" LCD at 1280x1024, btw.

If you are having trouble viewing text on web pages, and use Firefox, press "Ctrl"+"+" to zoom in. This works on all text in well-coded websites, unfortunately, there are tons of poorly coded websites...

:thumbsup:

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Kaspian
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Same here.

yup. me too. the advantage opera has over FF is that it has a real zoom. it doesn't just make text bigger. i only used it once when i was lying in bed a couple of feet away from my computer with my keyboard and wanted to read something. it was fun, but stupid.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
Originally posted by: Kaspian
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Same here.

yup. me too. the advantage opera has over FF is that it has a real zoom. it doesn't just make text bigger. i only used it once when i was lying in bed a couple of feet away from my computer with my keyboard and wanted to read something. it was fun, but stupid.

Real zoom is a life saver here. I normally have the fonts regular then zoom in about 150% for anantech, about 180 for ebay. I can then scroll and read quickly without tearing my eyes apart.