What should we do with Osama if we catch him?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Our local radio says the US didn't want him captured when we attacked Afghanistan because it would have ended the war on terrorism before we could attack Iraq. Bush needs a Bogey Man to stay in power.

The opinion (?) aired on your local radio station seems plausible, but inconsistent with military operations in the early stages. It is, however, at least possible when merged with the comments by the Administration folks somehow linking OBL's terrorist activities with SH's Iraq. A recent poll indicated that >50% of the US over 18 year old folks believe there is a strong link and that OBL's Al Qeada had camps in Iraq. Recent evidence, however, denies the accuracy of this. The US has captured or killed or has in custody some 40 odd of the 52 Iraqi 'deck of cards' folks. Surely they would tell the story. I assume they'd know. Not to mention the folks we've spoke to who are Afghani.
I don't think the US would have cared if OBL was killed given they Bombed the beegeebers out of the suspected OBL locals.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK
Our local radio says the US didn't want him captured when we attacked Afghanistan because it would have ended the war on terrorism before we could attack Iraq. Bush needs a Bogey Man to stay in power.

a fine example of letting the media do your thinking for you.
A fine example of a ridiculous assuming that I agree with the radio.

looking at it objectively, did i really have a reason not to? so you are saying you disagree with the radio then? or am i forced to make assumption again?

;)

<<no it means what i simply said.>>

^^look familiar?^^

goose/gander...that sort of thing

;)

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Trial, execution by bullets soaked in pigs blood, bury him in the hide of a pig.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
My thoughts of what to do with Usama Bin Laden, should we catch him - are along the lines of the Dan Akroyd skit
on Saturday Night Live where he introduced the 'Bass-O-Matic', a 7 foot tall blender with the 'Liquify' button held down.
(For a very long time - bones plug up sewers)

. . . . and that's just the opening remarks of the trial, wait until we open the penalty phase.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
We should follow the rule of law. Would we not extend to him the same right we demand for all the worlds people? When we suspend the rule of law when it is convenient we reduce ourselves to the level of the very thing we seek to end.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

A fine example of a ridiculous assuming that I agree with the radio.

looking at it objectively, did i really have a reason not to? so you are saying you disagree with the radio then? or am i forced to make assumption again?

;)
I neither agree or disagree. I don't know. Of course you won't be happy about that either. :D

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
Bush would probably let him go on the condition that he keep making videos to scare the ignorant american public into letting bush and the neo-cons chip away at their freedom and waste their tax money.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: VioletAura
Bush would probably let him go on the condition that he keep making videos to scare the ignorant american public into letting bush and the neo-cons chip away at their freedom and waste their tax money.

thats what we did when we found him last year:evil:

but he has been slacking off with his videos here lately. i will have to give him a call

Bigdude

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

Somebody has to think for him, because he can't do it himself!

Austinjrock

Aug 28, 2003
I personally say we bring him back to the US, have all the families of the victims of 9/11 assemble at ground zero, and drop Osama off right there, as a free man, in the land of the free - then take bets on how long he would last.