What Should President Obama Focus on in his Second Term?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What Should President Obama Focus on in his Second Term?

• Immigration

• Gun Control

• Creating Jobs

• Afghanistan

• Iran

• Entitlement Reform

• Health Care

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 27, 2012
obama must focus on the economy.

He needs to make real spending cuts and he can start with the military by bringing home all the troops and stop the drone strikes in Pakistan.

Cut foreign aid to all countries, People are free to donate their own money to a charity but government has no right to steal from them to give to others.

Real spending cuts to welfare/entitlements. It is critical that there are serious cuts to military AND welfare. This would save up hundreds of billions of dollars.

Eliminate the departments of Education, Energy, Interior, Commerce and HUD

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If we had normal immigration they would all have to pass a physical exam to enter the USA. So the illegal invaders could be bringing in all kinds of health problems.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Again, as other Obama critics regularly say, he screws up everything he touches... so calling for him to commit suicide is nothing but a guarantee that he remains alive.
So maybe he accidentally shoots Biden or Boehner - everybody wins! :D

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Some of the debt can never be paid back.

For example, baby boomers have paid into the system their whole lives, but for some reason social security is going broke?

What happened to the money the baby boomers paid into the system? That money was robbed and spent on other things.

Spent on other goods and services that were given to the baby boomers...

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Stop dreaming that tax increases will cover deficit spending. We need genuine cuts in all spending, not just cuts in the growth of that spending. That means NO GROWTH in any spending and taking it down below LAST YEARS LEVELS.

They play games like cut a 12% increase to 6% and say "look! we cut spending in half!!!". What a stupid mind game. Growth rates are already unsustainable to begin with! The sequester is just a cut in GROWTH, not spending.

Stop the spending and preserve our rights to gun ownership.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I'll tell ya what I'd like Obama to focus on, but guarantee he will not focus on...

Seriously cutting back social security, unemployment, and disability programs.

Stats, there are 2.8 workers for every person receiving social security. 12 workers for everyone receiving unemployment. 13 workers for every person receiving disability.

This is unsustainable, plain and simple. Nor is it fair in any way shape or form. I'm all for the "paycheck fairness act" so long as it also applies to fairness in workers versus non-workers. (my little ending rant)

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Last edited: