What should I do... huge problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Her friends say she was drinking but as far as I know she wasn't drinking a lot... and I haven't known her to go overboard with alcohol

BuckleDownBen

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
When you say sore, do you mean sore downstairs or just sore from the bruises? She may not be telling you everything because she is embarassed from drinking too much. The bruises lead me to believe that it was just a bout of drunkenness. When I was in college, we had pretty big keg parties. There'd always be a few people passed out around the house the next day. Obviously, if there is evidence of rape, you need to go after the SOBs. I would go to the house where the party was and ask a few questions.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Agreed. If its determined to be a rape, get the cops on it (although I think the hospital contacts them anyway).

<< Get the cops on it. Someone needs to go to jail. >>

Don't keep it a secret. You sis will need some help to recover.

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001

<< When you say sore, do you mean sore downstairs or just sore from the bruises? She may not be telling you everything because she is embarassed from drinking too much. The bruises lead me to believe that it was just a bout of drunkenness. When I was in college, we had pretty big keg parties. There'd always be a few people passed out around the house the next day. Obviously, if there is evidence of rape, you need to go after the SOBs. I would go to the house where the party was and ask a few questions. >>

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.. I did mean sore downstairs..

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well if sore "downstairs" there is a good chance something happened at the party. BTW, GHB can cause you to black out and be in a semi-coma for several hours.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001

<<

<< When you say sore, do you mean sore downstairs or just sore from the bruises? She may not be telling you everything because she is embarassed from drinking too much. The bruises lead me to believe that it was just a bout of drunkenness. When I was in college, we had pretty big keg parties. There'd always be a few people passed out around the house the next day. Obviously, if there is evidence of rape, you need to go after the SOBs. I would go to the house where the party was and ask a few questions. >>

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.. I did mean sore downstairs..
>>

Damn, sorry to hear that. That sorta changed my opinion of what happened... :( best of luck in getting everything resolved. Don't hesitate to come back to AT for more advice or anything

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
You need to have another talk with your sister and tell her how serious this is. Tell her she needs to tell you EVERYTHING that she can remember so you can get an accurate judgement of what might/might not have happened. She needs to go to the hospital ASAP to get tested for std's and pregnacy. They may even be able to tell if she was drugged up with something to knock her out that night as well. I would also call the police/parents as well. Like others said the longer you wait the least likely they will catch the guy who did this. (if that is what happened)

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
well.. here's an update.. good news is she's not pregnant... bad news is she did take some internal injuries that caused her soreness and even bleeding.. by what the doctor said, it looked like it was rophynol..

and being the idiot that I am I cut myself pushing a door open too hard, breaking the glass... yes im frustrated..

I told her im gonna try to setup some kind of counselling for her if she needs it and that I would try to let her deal with what she's going through herself but that I would always be there to help..
wish her luck...

and thanks everyone for your help.. i really appreciate it

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
That is just wrong. She needs to take care of this now. These things need to be followed up by the police as soon as possible. It is probably too late for her to get an exam (pelvic) and have anything they could use. She can be tested for drugs and, god forbid, any STD's.

I have taken too many women (and girls) to the rape investigation "room" at the ER. I have no sympathy for rapists, none.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
um have you contacted the police yet? you know, when rape victims choose not to go to the police, it just makes it easier for the rapists to get away with it over and over again.

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
if she was sore, then why did she not go get a rape kit done?
please tell me you have spoken to the police about this...

bugsysiegel

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2001
Get about 5 of your buddies and hunt the f*cker down and beat him half to death. Or finish the job if your of a mind, I know I would be.

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
well.. it's already been a week in and my sister's gonna get counselling... and yes it has been reported to the police now but still without our parents knowing.. she really wants to keep it low and it seems she just wants to put it behind her.. there was a chance of someone seeing talking her with 2 guys at one point but he wasn't even sure whether it was her or not..
either way.. i just wanna help her through it now and see how everything goes.. and it looks like she'll be fine physically.. she'll have to keep doing some tests but i'm confident she's ok.. emotionally as well cuz i know shes strong..

i just hope one day i'll find out who did it..

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Thanks everyone for your help.. it looks like aside from her physical injuries, it looks like there's nothing else wrong.. in terms of possible STD's etc.. there are none.. but they said she'll have to keep doing tests for a while..

thanks for your suggestions.

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: lawaris
buddy, u take of yourself too......

was your hand cut up too badly ?

Thanks.. it was bad enough to need stitches but I've had worse.. I'm alright.. it's the least of my worries