What should I do (Ebay auction)

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Check the PayPal info out more carefully to make sure he isn't scamming you. :)

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Send it to his Paypal adress. If he never gets it, it's not your fault.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: mztykal
Check the PayPal info out more carefully to make sure he isn't scamming you. :)

Yeah! Hurry up and spend the money on something else or withdraw it with the debit card (if you have one).

ScrapSilicon

Lifer
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
Send it to his Paypal adress. If he never gets it, it's not your fault.
I'd dump the money back at him if he cannot cxommunicate thereby the neg stands

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
So let me get this straight, you were actually paid 9 days ago yet you never the shipped the item AND sent a nonpaying bidder alert combined with a negative yet you are wondering if he's out to scam you? You are the type that makes all the sellers look bad. Oh, and maintaining a reliable email is your responsibility, it's clear your email provider crapped out that's why you didn't get any payment notification via email.

Originally posted by: fyleow
If I withdraw the money from Paypal he can still dispute can't he?

Anyways I found it weird that

1) His phone is disconnected ( I dialed the wrong number to get the wrong guy before)

2) I did not get Paypal confirmation for payment sent

I don't think he is out to scam me, the auction ended on the 3rd and he paid on the 5th. It's been like 9 days now. He also bought a USB keyboard and mouse since that time and the guy left him positive feedback.

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
This person DID respond to you by sending you payment. You should have shipped the item out as soon as possible from that point on. And your email is obviously screwed so accept it -- paypal has been accused of many things in the past but never about not sending email payment notifications. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps this guy is trying to email YOU but can't because of a problem with your email provider? Perhaps your provider has blocked a huge range of IP addresses? Regardless, it's your responsibility!

umm what the hell. So let me get this straight. When someone doesn't respond to your email even though you've emailed them 5 times, when you call them and their phone is disconnected you don't get suspicious AT ALL? And no my email did not crap out, I got notifications and emails from other buyers with the other auctions I had going. And I never said I thought he was trying to scam me.

No, most people would give you the benefit of the doubt. I would be thinking that it's perhaps USPS taking a long time to have the item delivered to me, as 9 days isn't exactly unheard of. And like I mentioned, your email isn't working right so he might have been replying to you all this time.

Put it this way, if you PAID for an item and someone gave you negative feedback and you never heard from them wouldn't you FSCK him up? Well he hasn't done that to me, something is up and I'm not sure what. But I'm just going to ship it to the verified address. Thanks for all the responses

ScrapSilicon

Lifer
Apr 14, 2001
only 5 emails and that's all..?
rolleye.gif
thanks..forget that ..send my drive ..now

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: fyleow
Ok,

So I sell this TDK 48X on Ebay and the guy doesn't contact me even after I send him a few emails. I checked his feedback and there was one neutral saying that he was a nonpayer. I requested his info from Ebay and decided to give him a call. At first it said that the phone was disconnected but I just called today and it's the wrong number. So after awhile I get pissed and I just file a non paying bidder form but here is the problem. The guy did actually pay! I checked my paypal account and sure enough there is money in there.

Should I just send him the CDRW? There is a confirmed address with the paypal payment but I'm not sure if it's correct (his phone number sure wasn't). I can't just not do anything though since he did pay. He won't reply to emails either even after I gave him negative feedback, filed a non paying bidder form, and emailed him numerous times before that.

Yep this is a scam! but you are the one pulling the scam. he sent the money but you have NOT sent the product AND gave him a negative feedback.

oh whats your nick on ebay? so we know who NOT to do business with.

darn scammers messes up ebay.