what should I charge this guy to install a CD burner in his mac g4?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
depends on who it is. i usually charge dinner or a case of beer. if its someone i really don't like $50

eminemrh25

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2005
If you have security issues (you think he wants to butt rape you) have a friend go with you... I do work orders for CompUSA and my friend is always there with me incase something happens, we both carry butterfly knifes too...

I'd say $60 to justify the trouble, make sure you make him sign an agreement holding you non-liable for any data loss.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
It's the same as a PC. However macs will only boot off mac drives. Everything else will still work tho.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked
You know what happens to 90% of the craigslist transactions? One of the parties involved get robbed. And I don't mean just rob your money, they tie you up, throw you in the closet, and clean out your place w/ a crew.

You've got to be the most paranoid person on the planet. The vast majority of craigslist stuff goes A-OK. I've sold two cars on it, bought a car, checked out a lot of cars and motorcycles, got free stuff, and more, and never had a problem. You just have to have an ounce of common sense, and agree to meet in a public place so you can scope each other out. And obviously don't carry around loads of cash.

Of course, I stay away from the personals, except for my own amusement:p

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Sell it to someone else, it's not worth your trouble.

What burner?